Hi there, former Marine

Options
BrianMcDaniel2
BrianMcDaniel2 Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, my name is Brian McDaniel, I will be 25 in July. I got out of the Marines in April of 2015. I was an 0331 machine gunner. I am now a truck driver that does jobs all throughout Georgia. I lift everyday and am very pleased with my strength however I slacked on the cardio after I got out of the Marines. I'm looking to get back into the right dieting and Cardio. Lifting is the easy part for me but the diet is like walking across two buildings while balancing on a string LOL I live an active life for the most part.

Replies

• dashing281
    dashing281 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, Brian. Thank you for your service. My brother in law is also a former Marine. I've been more or less out of shape my entire life, although I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been in now at age 35. I started jogging pretty consistently a few years ago and more recently started crossfit. The problem is my diet is keeping me about 20-30 lbs overweight. I've tried several (dozens? hundreds?) of times to do something about it, but keep failing. One thing I'm doing different is reaching out to people on the message board, to try to find some accountability. Let's do this!
  • BrianMcDaniel2
    Options
    So far since I've started I have been able to diet pretty well and stick with it. I will go on Pinterest sometimes to get better ideas if I am having a long day at work and need to grab something to eat while I am out. A good piece of advice that I can give you is to make a cabinet of just the healthy foods. Rather than mixing healthy foods with your snacks and what not. This will avoid any Temptations when you go to eat something that is better for you then the Oreo cookies in the cabinet.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your service. for real!
  • BrianMcDaniel2
    Options
    Your welcome
  • BronyGirl9678
    BronyGirl9678 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Brian, very nice to meet you. Thank you for serving our country :smiley: Would love to be friends if you are willing. I am on here for a huge life change....I have a lot to loose and would love people to help keep me motivated.

On a side note both my grandfathers served in WWII, my dad's father was in the Navy and on the beach in Normandy (spell?) on D-Day.

Anyway please feel free to add me :smile:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Once a Marine, always a Marine. ;)
  • BrianMcDaniel2
    Options
    Er, got that right
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My grandma was American. Thanks for your service
  • L8model
    L8model Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for your service!!!

A lifetime ago, I was an Air Force brat... I have so much respect for everyone who has accepted the challenge to serve America. I have many friends who had joined, in all branches. It's one thing that I wish I had done.

I wish you the best at reaching your goals. There is a lot of great support here on MFP.