New shoes?

Options
I've been exercising for about a month now (three days a week). I do a little bit of weight training and then 30 to 40 of treadmill (intervals of walking and jogging). I'm getting blisters in the weirdest place, on the bottom where my foot meets my toes right by second and third toe. At first I thought it was because I was wearing thick sock so I switched to thin socks but that didn't seem to help. Any suggestions on new shoes or shoe inserts that are good for walking/jogging/running?

Replies

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If the blisters are already there. Cover with paper tape (just leave the tape on).
    If they're not quite there, use BodyGlide on the affected area.

Shoe could be too big. Different brands run large/small. Always get the most minimal shoe you can be active in.

Personally, I prefer thin socks, by the way.
  • JessieMae31
    JessieMae31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I run about 2-3 times a week anywhere's from 1.5 miles to 5 miles and also weight train and i also have luck with Adidas. also my best friend has Reebok and loves them.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had your feet and gait evaluated at a specialty running store? Getting the correct shoe is very important (not brand, that doesn't matter).

Also, socks are important. Get socks that are made for runners - not cotton. You need something that wicks moisture away from your skin.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It could be that your shoes don't fit right or your socks. Have you tried running socks? Usually, switching to running socks solves the blister problem if your shoes fit properly. Not all running socks are created equal so if you don't have any buy a couple of different pairs to figure out which you like best. I have narrow feet, and sometimes I get blisters if my laces aren't tight enough.

You should go to your local running store and get fitted for shoes regardless. runnersworld.com/store-finder
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Oh. Right. Avoid cotton socks. Full synthetic (polyester and Lycra) or wool (thin ones). I've been trying out bamboo blends, too.

Anyway: can't really go wrong with SwiftWick, DeFeet (woolerators), or Injinji
  • LessToLoveTexas
    LessToLoveTexas Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know they made specific running socks. I'm new to this whole exercise thing. Thank you guys!