I need help...

Options
I'm drinking Slim-Fast shakes for breakfast because I don't like to eat breakfast, am I doing the right thing?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast at all. I'm not hungry, so I don't eat. You don't have to eat breakfast. The myth about jumpstarting your metabolism is just that - a myth.

Eat when you're hungry. Eat within your calorie goal. Try to make healthy choices, but don't beat yourself up when you choose a donut over greek yogurt (or is it only me that does that? LOL)

ETA: I'm down about 15 pounds in three months. My plan is to lose slowly and steadily without restricting so much that I freak out and binge.
  • fochizzy87
    fochizzy87 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If it feels right then it is fine. I also have no breakfast execept for coffee
  • JessieMae31
    JessieMae31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    they states to eat about 6 small meals a day 2/3 hours . I start my day with fruit/veggie shake in the morning cause I'm not a breakfast person either but i might have a kind bar about two hours later. if its working for you and your not starving by the time you eat next them its working for you i wouldn''t change anything
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Agree with JacQueen.....slimfast is processed food. Google healthy smoothie recipes that fit your food plan and include real food. Much luck! :smile:
  • JessieMae31
    Options
    agree with the water too, I try to drink about 1 gallon a day (120 oz) which definitely helps
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Agree with most posters. If I wasn't hungry I would not eat. Personally, I have a feta and spinach pastry in the morning with my coffee. Not too much. Just enough.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    they states to eat about 6 small meals a day 2/3 hours . I start my day with fruit/veggie shake in the morning cause I'm not a breakfast person either but i might have a kind bar about two hours later. if its working for you and your not starving by the time you eat next them its working for you i wouldn''t change anything

This, also, has been debunked.
  • JessieMae31
    Options
    it works for me... just thought i would put it out there
  • JessieMae31
    Options
    just to give a little about myself i have a 11 month old. worked out throughout my pregnancy and still managed to gain 60 lbs down. i follow that "rule" and lost 50 lbs in 9 months. i also go by the 80/20 eat clean 80 % of the time and not so much the 20. my body shape isn't "skinny" and forever have to work at it. So if this works for some then so be it
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    just to give a little about myself i have a 11 month old. worked out throughout my pregnancy and still managed to gain 60 lbs down. i follow that "rule" and lost 50 lbs in 9 months. i also go by the 80/20 eat clean 80 % of the time and not so much the 20. my body shape isn't "skinny" and forever have to work at it. So if this works for some then so be it

If it works, you're healthy and happy, that's all that matters right? I'm constantly slammed for eating Paleo but all my blood tests are "perfect" (doc's words), I've lost and am continuing to lose. I could care less... it's working so I'm rolling with it.... as you will too! :smiley:
  • Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    There are SOOO many factors, we can't determine what is or isn't right for you. If it helps you and fits in your budget then only you can decide that. :) The great thing about weight loss is that like a painting, we can all have the same materials in front of us though we'll all create a different picture by the end. Different, but still a picture. Do what works for you.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different. I can eat a light breakfast and lunch and be fine... others need a large breakfast... it depends on you and your metabolism. Sorry to be not so helpful.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Slim Fast. I used it years ago and lost about 30 pounds. Not all of what I had to lose but it helped me get started. Personally I find that it is easier to eat real food ,when you are hungry, and make sure it is within your calorie goal.

If you don't feel like eating in the morning just eat later. I eat breakfast on the days I have to be active early in the day but on days when don't I often just have my coffee in the morning and eat an early lunch.
  • nikki5544
    nikki5544 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
  • the_wild
    the_wild Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also have a shakes for breakfast and have had over night oatmeal the last 2 mornings and I'm hooked...check out Quaker Oatmeal website for over night oatmeal recipes...sooooo good!!!
  • nikki5544
    nikki5544 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    the_wild wrote: »
    I also have a shakes for breakfast and have had over night oatmeal the last 2 mornings and I'm hooked...check out Quaker Oatmeal website for over night oatmeal recipes...sooooo good!!!

Thanks I will thank you for the suggestions.