Last straw

Options
Last year I lost twenty pounds slowly and maintained for at least 5 months but have within the past 6 months gained it all back and am so unmotivated to do it. But seeing the number back on the scale breaks my heart... I don't feel good, I don't look good. Please any advice or motivation. I can't live like this anymore

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Feeling bad & looking bad would be your motivation. It needs to come from within. No one else can make you "want it" badly enough. You can read the sticky posts at the top of the forum page for info on how to develop good habits. Look at the Success Stories forum for lots of motivational stories.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    If you're at your wit's end, that's a good place to start. Use that frustration as motivation and don't let anything stand in your way this time.
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Look back at last 6 months and think what you could have done differently, which food you could have avoided. Write that down and try to avoid them in future. Keep track of what you eat in your diary. Most importantly, don't despair, this happens to everyone. You have done it once, you can do it again.
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Start eating right and moving right now, and imagine where you will be in 12 weeks if you keep it up. Imagine where you will be if you don't start and don't keep it up. Imagine if you'd started 12 weeks ago, and kept it up - where would you be right now?

12 weeks goes by quickly.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    One day at a time.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I lost 25lb a few years ago, then suddenly I've gained it all back without realizing it. Now I'm sticking to my goals and logging everything properly and accurately, and I'm about 10lb down from March 7. Feel free to add me if you like. My diary is open to friends.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Turn it around. I spent a month mourning the fact that I dun screwed up. I gave up on myself and it *kitten* sucks. It feels absolutely terrible.

But from that acknowledgement comes power. The power to fix it. The power to change. The power to not let it go any further.

Make a plan you can stick to FOREVER. You don't want to maintain for 5 months, you want to maintain forever. Pick a few small changes and don't overwhelm your self.
  • leslieroads01
    leslieroads01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day to be a better you. Sounds cliche but this helps me. One step at a time and you will get there.