You know, when people start noticing???...

Options
nananie2
nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
What a feeling! It happened to me twice this week! I thought I saw a difference in the mirror, but you know how it is... It doesn't seem real until someone else notices!

I'm thinking of posting some before and after pics, but I must admit that I'm still pretty embarrassed by the "before"...

Has any of you regretted to post your before pictures on the boards?

Replies

• TracyHarmon10
    TracyHarmon10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree that is the BEST feeling in the world. I've never posted the "before" pics before, but I'm thinking of doing it too. I think it is a great way to keep you focused and consistent. I never want to go back to the "before" again!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    No, it is actually a great motivational booster!
  • prsop98
    prsop98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's funny, I feel the same way! I HATE my before pictures. Actually I've only found one that suits my purposes. I wouldn't take an actual "before" picture when this began. But I did find a fat girl picture. I'm waiting for the big 5-0 to release it. :o)
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    Be proud of what you have accomplished. You worked hard and show it off.
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your weight loss and all of your success!! isn't it the best feeling when people start noticing?! i've never posted pics on here (though i have some on my pg) but if you want to, you should. don't be embarrassed---use it as motivation to see how far you've come. you should be proud!
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's not much of a difference now so i'm waiting till there is a big change. I have taken several pics though . I think once i really notic the change then i'll post it.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have one laying on the couch right before i started MFP. Everytime I get the urge to eat some Taco Bell I pull that pic out and look at it.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    That has to be a wonderful feeling!! I would like to say dont be embarrassed by those before pics but I am sure I will be there same way!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I hate my before pictures too (and fortunately there are very few of them) but I have been SO inspired by other peple and their success posts that I posted mine not too long ago. I'll show you mine (looks like we have lost about the same amount so far)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/269863-my-journey-so-far-and-my-large-pants
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i didn't regret it...........although we may not be proud of our "starting" point, we should be extremely proud of how far we have come.
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i deleted my before pictures when someone was going through my phone!!!

Post them - then we can see how fantastically you are doing!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not to the before & after stage yet, but I know it's a great feeling when people start to notice.! You've worked hard, so enjoy it!
  • DTRTinAZ
    DTRTinAZ Posts: 29
    Options
    I also have some "before" pictures and have been apprehensive about letting anybody see them. So I know what you mean. I think you should post them to celebrate your hard work. And...I love seeing before/after pictures (web, email, magaznines, and books)..I find them to give hope to those working towards their fitness goals or to inspire to get someone to have fitness goals. I say rock them!
  • SylviaJava
    Options
    I'm so proud of you girlygirl, for all the work you've done with this, and for sticking to it like this... it was about time people started to notice! :)

Honestly, when that happens, it's one of the best feelings in the world, so enjoy it! As for the before pictures, I can tell you that you were always beautiful, so you shouldnt be embarassed. Then again, I know how it feels to not like the pictures of ourselves, so it remains your decision.

Congratulations!
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Post the pics - it's just as rewarding get all the amazing positive comments on here from them.

Well done BTW
  • lorilynette
    Options
    Please post your before pictures. One of the ways we heal ourselves on this journey is by accepting ourselves at all levels of our journey, even at our heaviest *gasp*. It reminds us of how we felt about ourselves, our bodies, how we treated ourselves, and even if we never loose another pound, eating healthier and exercising is going to make us feel better (and we will loose weight). Congrats on your success, here's to many more!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hadn't seen my old co-workers in 3 months and when I had lunch with them all of their mouths hit the floor when they saw me. I got a lot of "damn, girl" and "everybody should be out of work for 3 months if that's what it looks like." I also notice guys checking me out again, that hasn't happened in a few years. Oh, and the people at the gym. I get a lot of "what's your secret?" I love that question, because the answer is so simple: diet and exercise.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Best feeling EVER!!!! Congrats girl!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    When I was on that "before" scene, I was really embarassed to see my pictures but i still kept it on my file but i never posted it on facebook, twitter or any social networking sites nor even showed it to my bf. But now i'm no longer embarrassed and actually looking for some before pics for my before and after album that i created in facebook. You have nothing to be ashamed of especially if you are making progress.What matters more is how you improved.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i didn't regret it...........although we may not be proud of our "starting" point, we should be extremely proud of how far we have come.

Ditto:wink:

And congratulations on your weightloss this far!!!! Awesome Job:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!