New and kinda unusual

Options
Hi, I'm new here and actually trying to gain weight. I've been on the verge of anorexia and now I'm trying to gain back weight in a healthy way while exercising and eating right. If you have any advice or tips, I'd really appreciate it. My self esteem is really low, so trying to gain weight has made it even lower.

Replies

• EBurnham
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and actually trying to gain weight. I've been on the verge of anorexia and now I'm trying to gain back weight in a healthy way while exercising and eating right. If you have any advice or tips, I'd really appreciate it. My self esteem is really low, so trying to gain weight has made it even lower.
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Hello welcome to the site. The site will help you, use the food journal and try to follow the calorie intake the best that you can. We all have our own goals and either its gain or lost we have to learn to eat healthy. Good luck to you
  • paigenicole_tusie
    Options
    I wish you the very best of luck. I hope this site will provide you will adequate support and motivation!!
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I think there are others here who are dealing with that as well. It is so wonderful that you have recognized it and are trying to get healthy. Go girl!:love:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Welcome!

Either losing or gaining can be a tough battle.

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I know there are a couple other girls on here going through the same thing. Good luck with your journey.
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been in your same position. It's not easy. It is scary to think about gaining weight when your life has been consumed by trying to lose weight. But, know that it does get better. It's been 5 years for me since I got to a healthy weight after being too thin and I am just now becoming comfortable with my body and weight. It's a long battle that never really ends. Feel free to contact me anytime.
  • GlassKisses
    Options
    Everyone's here to be healthier, dear, whether it's gaining or losing weight. I wish you the best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you :) Like the above poster said, everyone here is here to get healthy, one way or the other. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Weight issues are weight issues whether you have too much or too little so feel welcome and please post when you need us! :flowerforyou: We can help each other through this. :drinker:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • bacyr21
    bacyr21 Posts: 10
    Options
    I too am in your same struggle right now. It's not an easy battle and I would recommend being in some kind of therapy or treatment. I am currently in treatment for anorexia but it is still a daily battle. Feel free to contact me if you need extra support. Good Luck and your worth is not determined by the number on the scale:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: