Those are not for me.....

Options
So today I am struggling. A collegue went on a business trip and came back with Austrian chocolates and wafers.... I love these particular chocolates and I am a sucker for any sort of biscuit! Yesterday I managed to eat just 1 chocolate and 1 wafer... today is a different story.

How did you manage to overcome giving in to such temptations... I have been sooooo good for a few months now but I feel like I am slipping... how do you just say - those arent for me, and not eat them!? I find not eating at all better than the just having a little bit option but I want to get to the point when I dont have to battle with myself to not eat these things. Help? :grumble:

Replies

• acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I actually saw someone post a qoute form a book yesterday that has really stuck with me....I dont know the name of the book..or the exact quote...so i'll give it my best. And if someone reading this knows where it came from..please share.

"alcoholics crave alcohol....your junk food addiction is just that...so ..slap it and move on"....something like that..there was much more to it though :)
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i pig out for 1 day.... then feel so guilty i dont do it again as soon!!!

if i REALLY want something - i let myself have it because I'd rather have it whilst i can control the temptation and only 1 or 2 biscuits than to eat the whole tin because i denied myself for ages!
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It is ok to indulge once and a while, just remeber to log it and not go over your calories. Or workout and burn off all those calories. When you are working out tell yourself that this if for that piece of chocolate and the wafer!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    So today I am struggling. A collegue went on a business trip and came back with Austrian chocolates and wafers.... I love these particular chocolates and I am a sucker for any sort of biscuit! Yesterday I managed to eat just 1 chocolate and 1 wafer... today is a different story.

How did you manage to overcome giving in to such temptations... I have been sooooo good for a few months now but I feel like I am slipping... how do you just say - those arent for me, and not eat them!? I find not eating at all better than the just having a little bit option but I want to get to the point when I dont have to battle with myself to not eat these things. Help? :grumble:

This is what I do before I eat bad food, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVVsDIv98TA
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options

This is what I do before I eat bad food, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVVsDIv98TA

I'll look when I am home - no you tube access at work... :grumble:
  • sschiano
    sschiano Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    its ok to eat one, make it a treat for yourself. once a week or once ever 2 weeks or once every month. but tell yourself which day you're going to eat it and use it to motivate you. go to the gym, work out eat healthy and when you're tired of the taste of broccoli or of the treadmill just tell yourself " just X days until the austrian chocolate/ wafer " and tell yourself how many you're going to eat before time and make sure you make it an EVENT and a real reward.

until that day, put them away. out of sight!!! put them in a ziplock, in a box, in another box mixed in with your winter wear.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I've got nothing to add to this except.... :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I feel your pain :wink:
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    its ok to eat one, make it a treat for yourself. once a week or once ever 2 weeks or once every month. but tell yourself which day you're going to eat it and use it to motivate you. go to the gym, work out eat healthy and when you're tired of the taste of broccoli or of the treadmill just tell yourself " just X days until the austrian chocolate/ wafer " and tell yourself how many you're going to eat before time and make sure you make it an EVENT and a real reward.

until that day, put them away. out of sight!!! put them in a ziplock, in a box, in another box mixed in with your winter wear.

Winter wear... I'm still in it.... :sad: Its so miserable in the UK at the moment!!! But yes, I agree, rewards only! I really want to get out of the habit of rewarding myself with food!!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied!! :flowerforyou:
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! A special treat like that is worth not missing imo. Especially if you can still fit it into your calories. If you've been doing great for months give yourself a break! And look at it this way...the more you eat the faster it will be gone lol!