Does diet pill makes you feel depressed?

Options
grizzlygift
grizzlygift Posts: 22 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Before I started taking Hydroxycut, I was a funny person and easy to laught. Now after been taking it for 2 weeks, I feel depressed and hopeless often. I don't know if this happens to anyone else who using diet pill? or it's just me. Little bit about my weightloss journey, I started dieting and working out since last year and I lost already 80 lbs, from 250lbs to170 lbs I felt pround of myself and felt stronger. But my weight was stuck, so I started using Hydroxycut. And now I feel bad about myself that I can't lose more weight. I feel hopeless and feel I'm weak even though my friend said I'm not weak, but I just feel depressed. I think I should stop taking diet pill. I'm curious if anyone have bad experience from side effect of diet pill?

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    There are several reasons you should stop taking it. Feeling depressed while on it is a new one for me, but just as good a reason as the rest of them.
  • eddiek10
    eddiek10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I heard bad stories from a few of my relatives friends and I am not willing to mention them on this post. Try going all natural, eat healthy and exercise is usually the best and most lasting healthy results you will get. Stop taking diet pills!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Stop taking pills, they're not doing you any good!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Um, if you recognise that you're feeling depressed and this only started after you started taking one of these scamwoo pills, why the heck are you still taking it?!

You got this far without pills. You are strong, you are smart, you are capable!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I would stop, it sounds like an adverse reaction. You are doing so good, you don't need them.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't know about hydroxy cut. But I had horrible depression when I was using phentermine.
    I never suffered from depression before the pills or since I stopped taking them.

OP quit taking hydroxycut, I've read some terrible reviews about that stuff!
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes stop taking them they Dont work anyway
  • grizzlygift
    grizzlygift Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the reply. First, I thought I have a depression because stress from my school or relationship, but I had bad days from those before, but I was still able to laught and joke around my friends. This 2 weeks after taking the pills I noticed myself I'm not who I was. I wasn't sure if the depression is really from the affect of the pill or I thought, but it seems like it is. I'll not taking it anymore and hope anyone who read this tread be aware of diet pill too. I'll keep working out, dieting and be patient to see the result.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut Clinical or whatever it is called made me very depressed and one day I had a panic attack in the shower and threw my entire bottle of it away and stopped permanently.
  • forsally817
    forsally817 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been on meds for depression for a long time, and the newest one they gave me was working incredibly well. I have been on Phen and Qysemia (many years ago) and never had any issues, no side effects. I started taking Hydroxycut about 4-6 weeks ago, and it's like my psych meds aren't even in my body. I find myself depressed, crying... all the things I did before this latest psych med really made a difference. I couldn't figure out why I was suddenly depressed, and after thinking about I noticed the only change I'd really made was Hydroxycut.. But.. I just couldn't believe an over the counter diet pill could effect me on a mental level this badly. Thank God for all your stories and willingness to share! Starting today I'm not taking Hydroxy any more. I hope it does not take long for it to clear my system so I can go back to feeling as great as I did before I took it
  • forsally817
    forsally817 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have already stopped taking Hydroxy, can you tell me how long it took for you to feel better? I can't seem to find an answer on the Internet. Is it as soon as you stop taking it, as its a drug you take every day or is there a longer period?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have already stopped taking Hydroxy, can you tell me how long it took for you to feel better? I can't seem to find an answer on the Internet. Is it as soon as you stop taking it, as its a drug you take every day or is there a longer period?

There are several version of Hydroxycut, and this product has been reformulated several times over the years. Please post the ingredients of the one you were taking.