Advice needed

Options
what does everyone do when they have eaten their calories for the day and they are laying in bed trying to go to sleep but are so hungry??? I really need some tips. thanks

Replies

• hdrj22078
    hdrj22078 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd have popcorn. Then the next day I'd do extra exercises. There's no since in being hungry. Just my opinion.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It must just be today bc I'm having the same issue and usually don't. I had popcorn!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Literally have never had this happen. How many calories are you eating?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Make a cup of tea.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    When is your last meal? You might need to have a late night snack of some sort. What types of food are you eating? Are you working out? Added exercise on a low calories diet can make people more hungry. What calories are you at? Eating at 1,200 cals is way too low for me (i had that problem) but at 1,500 i feel fine
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Have a light snack and plan better for tomorrow.
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Drinks LOTS of water. Also hot tea with 0 calorie sweetener satisfies me usually.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Less carbs = less hunger......
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Context is valuable. What is your height and weight and calorie goal? What do you eat? Maybe meal timing can be adjusted to suit you better? Prelogging is a must. So is weighing of food, and double checking entries (they are often very wrong).
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It depends if its real hunger? most nights I still feel hunger when I go to bed but I ignore it as I know my body has had enough food/calories for the day. (and this is with having 2100+ calories)
  • tomreese2014
    tomreese2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Water and water and more water will keep you full. It take a few weeks for your stomach to get smaller and fell less hungry. It works for me.
  • wectmall
    wectmall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! My height is 5 2inches and my weight is 121. I am eating 1200 calories per day. I am losing very, very slowly. But, I am here to reach my goal. I am weighing all of my foods, because I have read so much about slight miscalculations throwing your caloric intake way over what you thought it was. I eat air popped popcorn a lot when I want a snack, but yesterday I had already reached my caloric limit so I just went to sleep. When I woke up, I did not feel hunger until about noon, so I obviously was feeling psychological hunger not real hunger. I have always been a late day/night eater. I just need to keep pushing forward!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    perhaps it was real hunger. maybe you can move 50 calories off of each meal and have a 150 calorie snack before bed - something with some protein that you like, maybe.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Personally, I save as many calories as I can for dinner and after dinner snacks. That's my favorite time to eat. So I just eat light in the morning and afternoons.
  • wectmall
    Options
    great ideas! I think I will save some calories for right before bed.
  • gl6h2
    gl6h2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I force myself to sleep starving because I know I would gain three bounds just by thinking of late night snak.
  • wectmall
    Options
    that's what I am scared about! weighing in the next morning and whatever I ate right before bed bumping up my weight!
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That happens to me often. I eat smart pop popcorn single pack is only 100 calories and I'll have cucumber slices. In fact that is what I'm doing right now!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    wectmall wrote: »
    that's what I am scared about! weighing in the next morning and whatever I ate right before bed bumping up my weight!

Weigh every morning, and that problem will vanish :)
  • phyllis731
    phyllis731 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Water, tea, cucumbers...and make sure you're getting credit for all your activity during the day. Housework, cooking, and other things may get you some more food calories if logged correctly.