Having a really hard time meeting my daily calories

I have been logging my calories for over a month and not once have I met my daily calorie intake

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Why not? Have you been losing faster than the app predicts or at the appropriate rate?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Under or over?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    How's your actual logging? Do you use a scale to weigh everything? I've personally found that when I don't, I tend to be incredibly wrong in my estimations, and measuring cups are terrible for measuring solids.

I found my counts were always way different than what I thought, in either direction.
  • sarawilcox79
    sarawilcox79 Posts: 12 Member
    I've lost about 15 lbs in just under 2 months and I think that was mostly giving up soda....I've never been a big eater I enjoy food very much I'm just not hungry throughout the day until dinner and even then I don't eat a large amount
  • sarawilcox79
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Under or over?

Way under always and I log everything I eat and even try to estimate higher if I'm not completely sure of the portion size
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I've lost about 15 lbs in just under 2 months and I think that was mostly giving up soda....I've never been a big eater I enjoy food very much I'm just not hungry throughout the day until dinner and even then I don't eat a large amount

How did you become overweight?

• caurinus
    caurinus Posts: 78 Member
    Soon many questions. Height? Weight? Goal calories? Do you sit all day at work or are you on your feet? How much exercise do you get? What kind of foods are you eating? How much alcohol do you drink? Are you losing weight? How much weight are you losing per week?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    There is a list of calorie dense foods in one of the stickied posts in the Food and Nutrition section, maybe someone can link it since I'm on the app and can't seem to at the moment.

Common recommendations include:

Cooking with oil/butter
    Full Fat Dairy
    Nuts and Nut Butters
    Avocado

Or my favorites: bacon, ice cream and wine. ;)
  • sarawilcox79
    Orphia wrote: »

How did you become overweight?

Haha if I knew that I wouldn't be lol....even during my pregnancies I was never the weight I am now I don't eat the healthiest of foods and I've been trying really hard to curb that I still indulge myself occasionally .....but I have been eating a lot more healthy than I ever have
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    There is a list of calorie dense foods in one of the stickied posts in the Food and Nutrition section, maybe someone can link it since I'm on the app and can't seem to at the moment.

Cooking with oil/butter
    Full Fat Dairy
    Nuts and Nut Butters
    Avocado

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
  • WinoGelato
    snikkins wrote: »

Cooking with oil/butter
    Full Fat Dairy
    Nuts and Nut Butters
    Avocado

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

Gracias!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    De nada
  • sarawilcox79
    caurinus wrote: »
    Soon many questions. Height? Weight? Goal calories? Do you sit all day at work or are you on your feet? How much exercise do you get? What kind of foods are you eating? How much alcohol do you drink? Are you losing weight? How much weight are you losing per week?

Oh boy that is a lot of questions 5.8,188,according to this app my goal is 2,000 I very rarely sit at work and also exercise at home every day 20-40 minutes of cardio depending on how much I can get in and also chasing my 14 month old grandson I drink very rarely a glass of wine 2-3 times a month I've lost 15 lbs since the beginning of February not sure about weekly my weight tends to fluctuate a lot
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    15 pounds in 2 months is less than 2 pounds a week, so I'm going to say your losing at a reasonable rate, it's fine to be a little under.
  • WinoGelato

Oh boy that is a lot of questions 5.8,188,according to this app my goal is 2,000 I very rarely sit at work and also exercise at home every day 20-40 minutes of cardio depending on how much I can get in and also chasing my 14 month old grandson I drink very rarely a glass of wine 2-3 times a month I've lost 15 lbs since the beginning of February not sure about weekly my weight tends to fluctuate a lot

Sorry two more: how much are you trying to lose and what rate of loss did you select?
  • sarawilcox79
    snikkins wrote: »

Cooking with oil/butter
    Full Fat Dairy
    Nuts and Nut Butters
    Avocado

I do love all of these foods lol but unfortunately my whole reason for dieting to begin with is I found out I have high cholesterol so I have to keep that in mind also
  • sarawilcox79

Sorry two more: how much are you trying to lose and what rate of loss did you select?

I have 43 lbs to go to meet my goal and I think I put in a pound a week I'm not 100% sure though
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    @queenliz99 Great minds!
    @WinoGelato Yup! :)
    @sarawilcox79 Well, it's a pretty comprehensive list, so take what you want and leave the rest? It's also important to not undereat.