Homemade bread

Options
Is it possible for me to eat homemade bread as long as it fits in my calorie count and lose weight I need to lose 75lbs and I'm 45 and a mother of 3

Replies

• haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yes. Why not? You can eat any food and lose weight as long as it fits in your calories.

I make my own bread, and have the recipe saved in Recipe Builder. After the loaf is baked, I weigh it (in grams) and set each serving at one gram. So if I have a slice that weighs 100 grams (for example), I enter 100 servings to log the correct number of calories.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just finished a piece of homemade bread. Yes you can!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I love bread; there's nothing as good as a toasted sandwich on homemade bread! I keep a very sharp bread knife to slice the loaf thinly and use the recipe builder to calculate calories so I can fit it in my day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Sure. The key is it fitting your calorie goal.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Toasted w/ peanut butter makes a great breakfast...mmmmm! :)
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Has anyone lost a lot of weight on here
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    harley79 wrote: »

lol you mean this thread, or on MFP?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Uh duh! And you can too!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    Options
    I've been losing, and I've been eating my husband's bread. He uses fine-texture Italian flour and it makes the best bread.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I do it. I'm allergic to almost all bread that you buy in stores because they all dust them with soy flour (makes a great flour to release from pans). As the others said, just log your calories. The recipe builder is very helpful for that.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    OP, check out the Success Stories section of the forums. Lots of people have lost lots of weight.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

This guy has lost over 300.
    CyberEd312
    Here's his profile page:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/CyberEd312/profile/CyberEd312?target=&redirected=t
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course. My favourite recipe http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/bread-machine-french-bread/157898

Mmmm homemade french bread...
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs in 10 weeks with MFP set to lose 1lb a week. Yes, you can definitely lose weight by just following MFP, eating less and moving more.
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

lol you mean this thread, or on MFP?

Yes on this thread
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    Options
    My husband just put some bread in the oven. YAY
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you count the calories properly. My bread has more calories than store-bought bread, sadly (but it's way tastier, so it's worth it).
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    how much weight do you consider a lot of weight? i've lost 60 pounds from my heaviest.
    Of course. A slice of my homemade no-knead bread is 120 calories. Toasted with one teaspoon of butter, it's 155 calories. If I have an egg (70 calories) and half of an avocado (125 calories) I've got my standard ~350 calorie healthy breakfast with a nice ratio of carbs, fat and protein. I have bread every day and I weigh 115 pounds.

Bread itself doesn't make you fat. Too many calories makes you fat.
    I could easily eat three pieces of homemade bread with a half of a tablespoon of butter on each piece but I don't do that, because I like not being fat. Everything in moderation.

the sandwich in your first paragraph is making me hungry. i'm gonna have one of those for breakfast tomorrow! would have one today but my avocado isn't quite ripe...

and you're so right! bread gets a bad rap that it doesn't deserve.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I wish I had homemade bread... Should probably whip up some dinner rolls.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I do. I use the recipe builder on this site to calculate nutrition info for each slice, and I do measure my flour and everything to make sure it's super accurate.