Can't seem to lose more than 3-4 lbs..

Options
I know I just started this thing only a week and a half ago, and I have been sick since Sunday so I've only worked out once since last Friday. But I can't help but feeling like its impossible for me to lose weight!! I've been stuck in the same 3-4 lb weight range for EVER!! it's so annoying, any suggestions on how to reallyy get my losing some serious weight?!

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Give us more info.

Current weight
    Goal weight
    Height
    Diet(what types of foods)
    work out routine
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    you need to get up and move 5 days a week minimum, if your really trying to drop the scale. Also you need to keep good track of your input calories as well. This system works you just gotta want it.
  • massmech8111
    Options
    There are many variables to weight loss...
    Whats your workout regimen?
    Hows your diet?
    what are your goals?
    are you trying to be an athelete,or be fit/toned?
    the first step is diet...relearning how to eat is 90% of the game...once you do that..its smooth sailing..
    hit me up and ill do what i can to help you:)
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    work out like a maniac and look at your calorie intake every time you eat....watch your sodium intake as well as sugars and carbs. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    We need a lot more information, but realize this, it took a long time to put on weight, at least more than a week and a half, it will take some time to take it off. As some here say, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You have only been at this a week and a half, and you said you were sick for part of that. This is far from ideal conditions to make a decision that you can't lose weight. As stated above, the first thing to do it learn how to eat differently or you will just put the weight back on. Once you have your food under control both with type and calories, the rest is a matter of perseverance. If you want further help you have to open up your food diary so people can look at it.
  • AColotti
    AColotti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of info!
    Starting weight: 131lbs
    Goal Weight: 105-110 lbs

I try to get to the gym 5 days a week, Mon-Fri, for at least a half hour.
    I do the elliptical for a half hour, burn between 300-350 cals.
    Then I try to use the arm machine. No, I don't know what my muscles are called haha =/
    It's the one where you sit down, put both hands on these grips, and push forward/downward.
    I do 1 set of 30, then 3 sets of 15.
    I am going to start doing abs and other area toning next week.
    Just want to get rid of this cold first!

Oh and I know as far as my diet goes, I could definitely be healthier, but I have been doing pretty well in tracking EVERYTHING I consume, and not going over my daily limit. And the stuff I eat isn't too bad, a pretty good variety, but I could use some more fruits/veggies
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Honestly you need to get yourself time. Since you have only been at this a week and half, that is way to soon. Just keep up the good eating, and keep working out and the weight will come off
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You must have come here cause you where not watching what you eat or counting your time burning calories. I started at 140, and have lost 5 pounds in a month with MFP. I have about another 10lbs to go and I will be so happy. I am watching the scale move some. Hell yes I wish it would drop fast. But I am changing my lifestyle. I am now moving and getting off couch more. I am choosing healthier choices at food places, I am passing on foods I should not or do not need to eat. And I just mentally feel good (I am almost to 1 month mark on here)

I realized I need to do more to move it more. I noticed I was high in sodium, so will try and tackle that. Anyway, I guess what I wanted to say is.. you just started to lose weight, your only 131 and you lost 4 lbs? Then I am jealous as heck. I am sure there are many others that would say this is a damn good job actually.

Keep at it!
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you post where were your MFP friends can see what you eat, maybe we can help you or even get good ideas from you :)
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's going to take awhile to lose the weight permanently and the right way (not the quick and easy route where you eventually gain it all back). Also, the difference between your current weight and goal weight is pretty small and sadly it takes someone who is closer to their goal weight longer to lose those few pounds than it does someone who has more weight to lose. I think it's just because you're body is not "dying" to get the weight off. It's your vanity pounds like Jillian Michaels says, lol. Can't believe I'm quoting her but I think she's right...
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    As a previous poster said, you need to give more time, but here is my thought: are you eating your exercise calories? if not, you definitely should because you're not consuming a lot.

If you want a strength training program, check out the second link in my signature. In general, do heavier weights with less reps and you will get "toned" much faster than by doing light weights with a lot of reps.

and don't worry about doing abs, they won't help you.
  • AColotti
    AColotti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess I'm impatient ha, I'll do my best to wait it out!