Side dishes?

Options
deannaelaine1993
deannaelaine1993 Posts: 65 Member
I basically have a veggie with some seasoning with dinner every night. Getting kind of bored with it. Any suggestions for some new side dishes?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, a variety of veggies prepared in a variety of ways...you know, it's perfectly healthy to saute those veggies or roast those veggies too...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I feel like side dishes are my weak point so I am looking on pinterest for more ideas.

salads made with things like spinach, cabbage, corn, beans, lentils, potatoes, pasta, olives, cottage cheese, tomato, beet, broccoli
    Potatoes in many forms- roasted potatoes (white or sweet), baked potato (white or sweet), baked French fries, mashed, sweet potato fritters, Greek potatoes
    Roasted or grilled vegetables- asaparagus, brussel sprouts, broccoli, etc
    corn on the cob
    Baked beans
    Cauliflower- roasted, mashed, buffalo style, shredded to imitate rice
    Sauerkraut, pickled vegetables, kimchi
    Cooked spinach or cabbage- sauteed
    Zucchini in many forms- zoodles, lemon pepper zucchini
    Vegetable combinations- green beans with tomatoes, green beans with potatoes, stir fry vegetables, broccoli with mushrooms, peppers and onions
    Pasta with marinara sauce
    Rice- white, brown or wild rice, seasoned rice, vegetables with rice, Greek rice, Spanish rice, cheesy rice, rice salad
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I saw a great recipe in here that included;
    Cucumber
    Granny Smith Apple
    Onion
    Vinegarette dressing
    Nuts (walnuts, roasted sunflower seeds, almonds etc)
  • Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you like fruit and cheese, I find that more satisfying that the usual steamed broccoli sometimes.

Reduced fat feta with dried apricots was amazing. Add almonds, and it's even better. I just eat them together by hand, but you can easily but them in a bowl together.

Apple and low fat cheddar

Blueberries or strawberries with Gorgonzola or low fat feta.

Mozzarella and tomato

Grapes and provolone or Swiss. (Also good with apples)

Cottage cheese with pineapple or berries is always good.
  • TouchMyFungus
    TouchMyFungus Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    cucumber and tomato salad is always refreshing. You can put a little oil on apples with cinnamon in the oven for a few mins - thats good. I made broccoli tots (like tater tots) this week and those were really tasty! Have you tried cauliflower rice? It is a bit of a process but pretty good.
  • TouchMyFungus
    TouchMyFungus Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Also, one of my faves is string beans with almond slices sauteed in garlic and oil with a bit of lemon pepper. MMMMM
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower! Roasted butternut squash, roasted cauliflower.