Dang you, beer!!

Options
2»

Replies

• DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    A pound of fat is roughly 3,500 calories. Unless your beers were quart-sized, there's no way 4 beers was 3,500 calories. So it must be water weight. Or you just hadn't eliminated waste yet that day, or any other reason that the body naturally fluctuates by a few/several pounds on a daily basis.
  • janicewilson123
    janicewilson123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    4 beers should be much less than 500 calories which shouldn't gain you much weight. The 1lb you see is mostly water--the beer itself and the water retained for hydration which is the effect of alcohol.

Don't stress. I breathe in more calories than that in an eat out! I just remember to get up and move a bit more. Replace all my foods in the next 12 hours with celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, Jicama.
    4 beers should be much less than 500 calories which shouldn't gain you much weight. The 1lb you see is mostly water--the beer itself and the water retained for hydration which is the effect of alcohol.

Don't stress. I breathe in more calories than that in an eat out! I just remember to get up and move a bit more. Replace all my foods in the next 12 hours with celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, Jicama.

• janicewilson123
    janicewilson123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh phew so it's ok to drink whilst losing weight?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    bewickfree wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    bewickfree wrote: »
    But.....it tastes soo goood!

Yes, it does! If not living the rest of my life acohol-free makes me undisciplined, consider me a hellion!
    Don't get me wrong, you don't have to stop drinking beer. Just don't blame it as your demise if you choose not to control how MUCH you drink.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

That's why I mentioned it was all within my calorie limit and macros. It was THAT bad of a day that there was no time to do all my small meals (which works for me better than 2/3 big ones). Again, thanks for your info! It really put my mind at ease after being consistent in the practice of CICO.

And for those above-- it was Busch Light. It's what my friend who fixed my furnace in a blizzard had. :(

Dang. I would bill him for the labor, then. :angry:
  • cheer4beer
    cheer4beer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't sweat it. I have one or two most nights and I'm losing consistently so far.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »

Highly depends on the type of beer you drink. I had two beers last night, which added about 500 calories to my day.

I've had single beers for 500 calories (and they were worth every single one!) I've got a bottle of Dogfish Higher Math in my cellar that's > 500 kcal for a 12 oz pour.

That's one of the best I've ever had. Unfortunately the bar I was at only had it in 5oz pours.
  • Spuffz
    Spuffz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Amstel by the pint (not lady like) over 200 calories a glass - allowance 1200 a day, eek that's 6 pints and no food... bad times! :-)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

Highly depends on the type of beer you drink. I had two beers last night, which added about 500 calories to my day.

I've had single beers for 500 calories (and they were worth every single one!) I've got a bottle of Dogfish Higher Math in my cellar that's > 500 kcal for a 12 oz pour.

That's one of the best I've ever had. Unfortunately the bar I was at only had it in 5oz pours.

Very cool @auddii. I'm waiting for a proper occasion to crack it. Dogfish Head makes such great and creative stuff.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    IF you stayed in your calories, then it's absolutely water weight, as alcohol tends to cause dehydration. Drink lots of water and wait a few days to weigh yourself again.

This^^^ +1
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »

You are right. I was going by bud light, coors light which are around 110 . Sapporo Premium even lists nothing :)

Do those count as beer? I assumed that was a typo and you meant to write 3,500 since that's how many calories it takes to add a pound. I forgot not everyone drinks microbrews.

Most people count those as beer. Craft beers make up a bit more than 10% of the market.
  • abbietaylor1
    abbietaylor1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Spuffz wrote: »
    My weakness is Amstel by the pint (not lady like) over 200 calories a glass - allowance 1200 a day, eek that's 6 pints and no food... bad times! :-)

Same here! Or pints of Guinness, peroni, San Miguel..... So good!