Keep messing up ugh.

Options
nimc2
nimc2 Posts: 16 Member
Okay, i need to get my *kitten* together. I know we all have an off day but i have had an off week or more. Today im starting over again. Im really having a hard time cooking healthy meals and making time to excersize. Help

Replies

• Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have found that that taking some time to plan a menu for my day/week is incredibly helpful and keeps me on track. Just gotta keep going!
  • nimc2
    Options
    I have found that that taking some time to plan a menu for my day/week is incredibly helpful and keeps me on track. Just gotta keep going!

Thank you, do you have any suggestions?
  • Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well this week I planned out a five day menu for breakfast lunch and dinner. I did my grocery shopping and adjusted the menu as needed but did my best to stick to it.
  • JamGonnaRockIt
    JamGonnaRockIt Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have been the same for months, currently in a better mindset and I'll be honest. I kept waiting to want it so bad it would almost feel pleasurable commiting to be healthier. Truth is it has taken a strong determination to kick in. And now it is a pleasure when I've had a good day.

One day at a time and commit to resisting when previously you may have said 'ahhh one more day won't hurt'

Every extra day hurts. Good luck, you can do this
  • nimc2
    Options
    I feel like last week i kicked *kitten* and than going to family events one right after the other screwed me up. I got down on myself for messing up. This entire week i have been just frustrated because i feel like i lost control. How do you all deal with surprise family gatherings or events and if you have children how do you make time.
    I have 4 kids ages: 13, 12, 1 year old, and 2 month old. My two little one's are a handful, my two older ones help but they can only help so much. My husband helps me as well but i feel like theirs not enough time to do everything i need to get done.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    What's the big deal about family gatherings for you? Only because there is possibly a lot of food available (I'm assuming that's the issue here) doesn't mean you have to eat it all?
  • JamGonnaRockIt
    JamGonnaRockIt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get that life gets in the way, birthdays, rushing around trying to be in three places at once :#

This goes a long way to helping stay on track. Plan, plan, plan. The resist, resist resist :D
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, family gatherings are tough, so is being the only one in your own home trying to loose weight.

It's not easy, but you have to remind yourself of the benefits of skipping the extra roll or the second scoop of potatoes and gravy

In order to look after your family you have to look after yourself FIRST.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    nimc2 wrote: »
    I feel like last week i kicked *kitten* and than going to family events one right after the other screwed me up. I got down on myself for messing up. This entire week i have been just frustrated because i feel like i lost control. How do you all deal with surprise family gatherings or events and if you have children how do you make time.
    I have 4 kids ages: 13, 12, 1 year old, and 2 month old. My two little one's are a handful, my two older ones help but they can only help so much. My husband helps me as well but i feel like theirs not enough time to do everything i need to get done.

OP:
    You can do this. I join the other posters that pre log and plan the food in advance.

If there is an event (anything, birthdays at office, weddings, farewell parties, etc) I try to burn more calories in advance to the event so I can eat more.
    I eat more healthy fat (avocado, nuts in moderation, one egg) ahead of the event.
    I know how many calories I can eat at the event and still be within my daily calorie goal.

My worst scenario is that I overeat, I tried to limit the overeat to a Maintenance calorie goal, I called it a Maintenance day and go back to my nutrition plan the next day.
    Do not give up.
    If your car gets a flat tire, you do not slash the other 3 tires and abandon the car. You repair the flat tire and move on. same here.
    Good luck in your healthy journey