Vegan Lifestyle Change & Weight loss Journey

Options
I am transitioning to the Vegan Lifestyle and would love to have some people join me in my journey. I have about 80lbs to lose. I have been on this journey of weight loss for years. I lost 80lbs in 2011 and gained it all back plus some. Now I am trying to get back to where I want to be but with a lifestyle change not anything temporary.

Replies

• katelikesrice
    katelikesrice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been vegan for about six months now but need to lose a fair but of weight so I'm starting to cut out the junk and going a bit more plant based. Feel free to add me, I'll try and answer any questions you have too. Good luck!x
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie vegan. Feel free to add me :)
  • natfaun
    natfaun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Coincidently I to am at the beginning stage of a Vegan lifestyle change w/86lbs to lose, been researching quite a bit and have started and ready? Feel free to add me as well.
  • _MissBrie
    _MissBrie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I came on here looking for this exactly! My husband and I just switched to completely vegan almosy 2 weeks ago. Its been tough trying to find new foods to cook, mainly because its a learning curve. But I have really enjoyed it! I dont feel gross after eating, my cravings are all gone, and I have already lost 5lbs...probably mostly water weight, but I can already see a difference. My headaches are gone, my stomach issues are gone...its been pretty awesome. We got started because a friend of ours did, and lost 22lbs his first month, and has lost 72lbs in a year...just by going vegan and not working out. Totally want to add anyone who is doing the same diet!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Please remember that you still need to count calories!

Veganism will not make you lose weight- You need to cut calories to do that.

(I know more than a few overweight vegans).
  • Mazirene
    Mazirene Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Please remember that you still need to count calories!

Veganism will not make you lose weight- You need to cut calories to do that.

(I know more than a few overweight vegans).

I am a true testament of this. When I first became vegan some years ago, I lost 15 lbs. woohoo, however, I gained those back and then some. For me, calorie counting is key. Especially since I am not overly active and I do love my carbs. Feel free to add me as my food diary is open to friends to get some ideas.
  • sarrajune
    sarrajune Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a new vegan in the same boat! 80 pounds would be amazing for me too, but for now I'm working on a more conservative 20 to put me in a more healthy range :)
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have been following a vegan diet for about 2 months now. It's been fun trying new recipes,and it got me past a plateau that I have been stuck at. I have lost almost 50 lbs in the last year. Another 15 and I would be one happy girl!