I need someone, anyone to talk to on days like today.

Options
I'm an emotional eater and since last night & then this morning---I gained. I was good & didn't eat extra but today when I found out I gained. Well now I have screwed it up. I have plans to get cookie dough as soon as I can. Part of my "down" has to do without PMS which seems to have gotten worse as I get older. But that's not all of it--I don't know for sure what the rest is. I know that all the people I've wanted to notice & care----don't

Replies

• puddintot
    puddintot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It happens. However saying tomorrow's a new day doesn't help me. I can say take a minute and look at where you have come from. Look at the graph they have on here. I adjust it to see a full 6 months and realize while today may have been horrible I can do this.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You have PMS your gain is water. Not worth getting too worked up about realy. It isn't real weight and it will go away in a few days. Being dramatic and being like well I gained a pound might as well just pig out is a bit like cutting your finger and deciding you might as well cut off your whole arm. Not that logical really.

Okay so you had one bad day. It isn't the end of the world. Get over it and get back on track.

As for what other people notice or care about. You don't live in their heads. Don't assume you know what they think or feel.
  • ImChipper
    ImChipper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Shadowfax over this.

My own thoughts: Don't weigh yourself everyday. By doing that or even by obsessing over weight gained or lost, you are focusing on the numbers too much in a place where it doesn't count. Focus on you and feeling good about yourself. That's where all this should really come from. Don't base your weight loss or strength training on other people because then you will ALWAYS be fighting an uphill battle allowing other people the power to make you feel like *kitten* that day.

Work out for YOU. I'm an emotional eater too, and the biggest step is actually wanting to change that bit, and stop using it as an excuse to go buy cookie dough or a pizza or whatnot. Trust me its hard, I'm not gonna lie. But its really worth it to feel pride in controlling yourself. Don't reward bad decisions. Don't feel too guilty when you over eat or snack. It takes 3,500 calories give or take to 'gain' a pound. That's ten large donuts. That's basically one and a half pizza's.

Water weight will fool you EVERY TIME. EVERY TIME I have cramps and bloat, I gain like 6 pounds. TEMPORARY pounds. Weighing yourself after dinner= also bad idea. Weight yourself first thing in the morning. Only. And only maybe once a week, if you HAVE to. Eating sunflower seeds before bed will throw off the scale- again, water weight.

You HAVE to be in this for the long haul. If you are here for a quick 'make me skinny' thing, you will fight the same battles over and over and never be happy for the rest of your life. Take the power back. Be the one who matters in your journey, and forget everyone else.
  • angel7073
    angel7073 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I took my family to Six Flags this past weekend and ate an ungodly amount of calories. I didn't track it; I just know it was more than what I'd eaten in the couple days before (probably combined lol).

Like Shadowfax said, IGNORE PMS WEIGHT.

I weigh myself in the morning, after I use the bathroom and before I eat breakfast. To me it just makes sense that that is when I would weigh the least during the day. If the day to day fluctuations are killing you, only step on the scale once a week. You see more progress that way.

As for other people noticing or not noticing, don't worry about them. The best thing you can do, is connect with someone that appreciates what you are doing for yourself and supports your efforts. All the rest can just bugger off.

Remember, you CAN do this!!
  • Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have those emotional eating days as well and don't really have anyone to talk to about it. Just keep your head up and remember your goals. You can do it
  • barby8051
    barby8051 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh God I needed to read this this morning and especially Shadowfox for your response. I can do this. Have lost 85 so far, so apparently I can- I just have to do the basics- eat right, log, and move these old bones a bit. Am so grateful for this forum and that I came here for support instead of wallowing in massive amounts of unhealthy food. Head is now officially screwed on straight