struggling to stay focused

Options
Katie_Y89
Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
Anyone else having a hard time with diet??
Just can't seem to get it together! Especially at night when the bf is home and trying to find healthy dinners to cook for us.
Any suggestions or fellow strugglers?

Replies

• CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Google healthy recipes? Buy vegetables? If ideas are all you are having problems with, you have an entire internet full of ideas right at your fingertips.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Here's one plan! Don't call it a diet. Just eat less (log log log) and eat what you like on at least some occasion. Try new foods. It doesn't have to be a struggle, rather take as an exciting challenge
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to pre-planning and logging for me. Preferably the night before, but otherwise definitely in the morning. Otherwise it's really hard to stay focused and make decisions in the moment.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I find that being less restrictive and having a smaller deficit and slower loss makes it much easier to stay on track. When the calorie allowance is really low it gets hard to enjoy life and lose weight at the same time.
  • angely512
    angely512 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Planning is the key. With a busy family of 4 (2 teenage boys who are always hungry!) it can be a challenge. Grill extra protein and prepare vegetables ahead of time. Search for Clean Recipes. There are a lot a quick and easy meals you can make in less than 30 minutes and you feel full and satisfied. Some favorites include homemade chipolte salad (marinate chicken breast, ready made salad, pinto beans and pre-cut veggies; I'll make rice for the kids so they can build their own burritos with the same fixings.) or a nice rib-eye with sauteed onions and mushrooms (or whatever veggie I might have, like asparagus) with a beef broth glaze. Very fast and easy, my husband and kids can make these dinners on their own, and very healthy all around because of the whole foods! Start small with one meal, and go from there.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Meal plan. Don't wait until dinner time to look for recipes. If you (as in you AND your boyfriend) already have some dishes you like to cook and eat, put them in rotation, and add some new from time to time. Look through your fridge, freezer and cabinets an write down what you have on hand. Look at the recipes for the upcoming 3-4 days. Write down what you need to buy. Bring that list to the grocery store and follow it.