Cocktails Anyone???

Options
Do you think it's bad to save some calories for a drink?

What about 2 or 3?

Just curious......:smokin:

Replies

• sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's bad to save some calories for a drink?

What about 2 or 3?

Just curious......:smokin:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    nope, I don't think its bad at all, haha. I did that yesterday, I knew we were going out for dinner, so I made sure I had calories to drink! I dont do that often, sometimes you just gotta!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: bottoms up:drinker: :drinker:
  • iwant2stayhealthy
    Options
    :noway: Not before you go on the treadmill because you might fall off.:bigsmile:

There is absolutely no nutritional value to a cocktail.and mucho hidden calories....unless it's a Bloody Mary with a celery stick and you can count it as a snack....or a screwdriver perhaps..and you can count it as a fruit?

I wouldn't do it every day but I don't think it's a bad thing to have a cocktail made with juice or low calorie tonic water and a bit of gin or vodka..but nothing like a brandy alexander or anything really high caloric. I used to be a mixologist back in the day. Once a week...and my doctor says about 4-6 ounce glass of red or white wine every day is healthy but no more...but please ask your doctor what he/she says.

My daugher, pepamint83, has one cocktail every Friday night after a long hard week of school/work but I mix it for her and I measure everything carefully...sometimes a lite beer is too.

Diet coke and a splash of rum, diet tonic water, twist of lime, a splash of rose's lime juice (measured) and a bit of gin or vodka, crystal lite + gin, rum, vodka (measured) with a twist, diet chocolate soda, skim milk, ice and one tablespoon brandy, or godiva choco liqueur..it's possible to do it but you have to keep it honest...:wink: I hope this helps..I don't want to enable or to mess up your diet..:drinker:
  • LauraLea
    Options
    :wink: If that's what you really want go for it, this is supposed to be about a
    lifestyle change, not deprivation, we must all learn to incorporate things
    that we enjoy or we are setting ourselves up for failure.
    There is no good or bad, it is about learning what works best for YOU,
    and to make those things that give us pleasure manageable. :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I can't have just one. I've been staying away for a while now. Might cut loose one of these days...:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :noway: Not before you go on the treadmill because you might fall off.:bigsmile:

Yes, a clear and present danger as you can see-- proceed with caution. :laugh:
    funny-strange-people-1.gif
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    nope, thats what I do!! I can only have a glass of wine at the end of the day if I have enough calories. If I dont have the calories......no vino for me!

(I'm about to pour myself a glass!!!!) :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's okay now and then and I would only drink one, two at the most... (and I don't mean 2 big old martinis -- I mean two 3.5 oz glasses of red wine or 2 lite beers, or 2 vodka and soda waters)

I miss the drinking too. What I wouldn't do for a big stiff dirty martini right about now.... *sigh*
    Maybe i'll budget one of those into my "foodie schedule" this weekend....
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Diet coke and a splash of rum, diet tonic water, twist of lime, a splash of rose's lime juice (measured) and a bit of gin or vodka, crystal lite + gin, rum, vodka (measured) with a twist, diet chocolate soda, skim milk, ice and one tablespoon brandy, or godiva choco liqueur..it's possible to do it but you have to keep it honest...:wink: I hope this helps..I don't want to enable or to mess up your diet..:drinker:

girl, you're making me want a drink right now!!!!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My drink of choice lately is screwdrivers... but to cut back the calories... and because I love the bubbles, I do half oj, half diet sprite, and vodka of course. Just come up with little ways like that to make your calories count so you can enjoy yourself a little more guiltfree... I figure I am saving close to 60 calories just for cutting it with sprite. :drinker:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    well i used them with beer and life is good:love:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    yeah iwant2stayhealthy is my mother and god bless her because im 25 and after a long week of graduate school and my internship we could all use a drink. but she knows how to make incredible drinks and they arent that fattening cause its tastes alcohalic but she doesnt put as much alcohal in it as you would think at least thats what she tells me :laugh: i have been dieting for so long and what i have realized this last time around is that a diet is not a quick fix its a life long commitment and i dont know about you but i am only going to be on this earth once so should i deprive myself of everything i love ? :sad: ....well that depends i now make two exceptions my friday night drink (or 2 because sometimes i have a sat one also) :drinker: and my bonus food....im on low low carb south beach diet so i would never be able to eat my favorite food so i made it my bonus food - sushi. The most important thing to remember is be honest with yourself because in the end it is only you who your going to hurt if your not honest with yourself :bigsmile:

and if your a beer lover theres ( i dont know how to spell) but micalobe ultra is a low carb good beer thats not horrible for you and one a week wont kill you. in my opinion at least.

:drinker: cheers :drinker: