Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to My Fitness Pal

Hello All,

I am new to My Fitness Pal. I have been steadily dieting and working out since Jan 4th but only lost 9 pounds. My friend told me about this app to help maintain food intake. Im hoping it helps me out. I want to loose at least 30 pounds. Since I started using the app I lost just under 2 pounds. I need to loose a minimum of 19 more pounds to hit my goal. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone

Replies

• vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Welcome..This is a wonderful place full of nice helpful people. Your screen name made me laugh :)
  • TouchMyFungus
    TouchMyFungus Posts: 208 Member
    Thank you! My screen name was a school assignment and I enjoyed the reaction so much I decided to keep using it. My assignment was to take a standard situation and forcible create an unexpected outcome. So I created this email and applied for jobs. Aced the assignment and everyone laughs when they hear it lol. How long have you been a member? Do you find the app and community have helped with you goals?
  • Zaysgrandma
    Zaysgrandma Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, I did my first day of tracking yesterday. I was really surprised by all the breakdowns of the meals. Very interesting and I am excited to keep on doing this. My dietician and Dr. recommended this site. I am looking forward to really learning a lot here to help me on my journey. Glad to be on this journey with all of you here!
  • TouchMyFungus
    TouchMyFungus Posts: 208 Member
    Hi Zay! Welcome. I have been on this site for about 2 weeks but only really followed it or a week. I love how the app counts your steps and its pretty easy to calculate your food intake. With minimal working out and just using the app, I lost about 2 pounds in 5 days. Not bad considering its minimal effort. Best of luck to you on your journey. Hope We can help support and motivate you :)