Is the poop in your purse?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Is the poop in your pants?
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I recommend removing the poop from any of those places and flushing it to truly dispose of any excess weight. FYI.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but the older I get the more important it is to poop daily. After 3 days I'd be taking every over the counter medicine possible.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Wakey618 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses; wish I could respond to each one. Tomorrow is my second weigh-in and my concern over the number is purely from a psychological point of view. More of an encouragement that what I'm doing is working. Knowing that the number is skewed by lack of BMs helps but it's still not "accurate".

I don't think I've ever gone this long and am not SURE of the last BM but it was last Saturday at the least.

I bought some Milk of Magnesia but am not sure if I'll go through with it. I like the more natural approach, i.e. prune juice, squatting, oil. I already drink coffee & it doesn't help.

Here's a big problem, though. If you take a laxative, you may end up having less waste in your system than you usually would. Thus, your weigh-in tomorrow would still be "inaccurate."
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When I first started losing weight, I bought this in a misguided attempt to move things along:

Super-Slimming-product.jpg

I definitely lost some weight the next morning. :s
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend laxatives except as a last resort (and definitely not for weight loss). If you rely on them too often bad things can happen (like having to take them to have a BM)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Wakey618 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses; wish I could respond to each one. Tomorrow is my second weigh-in and my concern over the number is purely from a psychological point of view. More of an encouragement that what I'm doing is working. Knowing that the number is skewed by lack of BMs helps but it's still not "accurate".

I don't think I've ever gone this long and am not SURE of the last BM but it was last Saturday at the least.

I bought some Milk of Magnesia but am not sure if I'll go through with it. I like the more natural approach, i.e. prune juice, squatting, oil. I already drink coffee & it doesn't help.

I've never taken a laxative for weightloss, only when my stomach hurts so bad and I had to have relief. I've used this before and it definitely will help ease pain and help you go.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Prune juice or those gummy bears I keep reading so much about on here. Prune juice contains sorbitol as do the gummies. Also Milk of Magnesia is OK occasionally. Magnesium, the main component of MoM is an essential micronutrient so I wouldn't worry about it not being natural. When you say plenty of fiber, are you tracking that on MFP or just guessing?
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »
    I recommend removing the poop from any of those places and flushing it to truly dispose of any excess weight. FYI.

Not all poop should be flushed, what would happen to the poor dung beetle if we did that? He'd be the dungless beetle.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1zbgd6xpGQ
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    As someone currently in the process of the drs deciding which bowel disease I have - I have learned from chatting to people in waiting rooms (colorectal surgery...what else are you going to talk about ha ha) I've learned everyone's normal is different, but changes in habit that persis longer than 3 weeks should be checked out by a doctor. Blood is an immediate as soon as you can see a doctor do so.

Also not sure if anyone has asked this but are you drinking enough water? And have you recently taken any painkillers (if prescribed please don't stop just mention to your dr) such as codeine which has a habit of causing constipation.

Normal can be several times a day to as few as once or so a week. I'm not a doctor though and if you're worried just give them a call.

I'd not reccommend a laxative unless prescribed. As you've said it's psychological why not just skip this week's weigh in and do it next week?

Good luck and I hope you get your poop soon :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    It's interesting to me that you are more concerned about the weigh in tomorrow. If your question was more focused on the lack of a bowel movement and how to get it going, then I could understand. That you are more concerned about how it will effect your weigh in sets up some red flags for me. Maybe take a look at your mindset with regards to your weight loss plan. If you're willing to consider laxatives to see that number go down, there is much more going on here.

+1

OP, do you typically go 7 days between BMs? You said you bought some MoM. Try that and if you don't go, get yourself to a doctor/ER. You've literally got a bigger problem than extra weight on a weigh-in.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    parys1 wrote: »
    odusgolp wrote: »

Not all poop should be flushed, what would happen to the poor dung beetle if we did that? He'd be the dungless beetle.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1zbgd6xpGQ

Oh, zefrank, how I love thee.

I'm pretty sure the Duck is my favorite.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    So you're literally full of, er, poop? And your only concern is how it will affect your weigh-in tomorrow? Am I understanding this correctly?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Not having a BM for an actual week is not good. You should really see a doctor and/or look at your fiber intake and see if you can increase it. I have a hard time eating enough fiber when I up my protein intake. Sometimes I'll go a few days without "going" but never a week. I drink lots of water, eat plenty of leafy greens. For those times I just feel really bloated and I'm having issues, I'll use Senokot S. But I know they're not the best, so use those as sparingly as possible.