Ideas

Options
So I'm doing T25 7 days a week. I run 2 miles a day and sometimes walk on incline 20 degrees. I average 17,500-25,000 steps a day on my fitbit (I don't wear it while working out) I also do squats daily with 55 pounds
I try to randomly jump rope and just constantly keep moving through the day and I still feel like I'm going no where. My weight doesn't move.
I eat 900-1400 calories a day including protein shake, eggs etc (diary should be open).
What am I doing wrong lol

Replies

• Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    How are you surviving on such a small amount of food while burning that many calories?
  • kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try eating more, in the range of 1400 kcal before adding back half your exercise (heavy lifting/running) calories.
  • Brandib17
    Brandib17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How are you surviving on such a small amount of food while burning that many calories?

I don't always get hungry. Usually when I have my protein shake it takes me forever to finish it.
    I have no idea what a good calorie number would be for me
  • Brandib17
    Brandib17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    kgj4105 wrote: »
    Try eating more, in the range of 1400 kcal before adding back half your exercise (heavy lifting/running) calories.

Thanks for the advice
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You do ALL those workouts in one day? Or is this over the course of a week? There is a thing as too much exercise... It's great to workout, but you might be causing your body to stress. Over working muscles and not giving them enough time to rest. Even the best of bodybuilders take days off. Remember weight loss comes from eating, not exercising.

How long have you been doing this? If you're really doing all those things and eating so little, you'd have lost weight. No doubt about it. Your body doesn't have much of a choice. Does that mean it's a good thing? No. I strongly believe when you eat low its extremely easy to gain it all back. Most even gain MORE once they stop there diet.

Couple questions:
    1. Are you eating back your net calories (calories from your workouts)?
    2. Are you sure you're reading labels accurately?
    3. Are you measuring out food?
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    How long has the scale not been moving? You might be in a plateau or your not allowing yourself the proper healing time. This happened to me where i burned 9000 calories in a week, ate 1200-1400 calories daily and when i hopped on the scale i gained 2 pounds. I was super bummed but i allowed myself more time to heal and now im back to losing pounds again.

I was told if your adding or are new to a exercise your muscles will hold on to water to heal thus making the scale look like its not moving. Once your body gets used to the exercise and is properly healed it will let go of the excess water. Hope this helps.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Your diary is locked with a key, so we can't view it.

You're logging everything you eat? Including condiments, cooking oils, veggies, cheat days, etc? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing your portion sizes? Most people can be off in their estimates by several hundred calories when they eyeball portions. Measuring cups are better, but a food scale is going to be the most accurate.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1290491-how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale/p1

And make sure that you've calculated your calorie goals appropriately. Remember that these are just estimates. You may need to play around a little to find what works best for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

And there's something to be said for the fact that some people just burn fewer calories than the generic equations predict. If you're an outlier due to size, age, or medical issues, then it may be best to check with your doctor or get a referral to a registered dietitian who can give you more specific advice.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Put your stats into MFP and get a calorie goal.
    Get a food scale and start weighing out your portions, you are most likely eating more than you think.
    You don't list any of your stats here or on your profile, so no one can say how many calories you should be eating, or how many lbs you should be expecting to lose.
    Your diary isn't open, it's requiring a password.

If you don't have much to lose, you should only be expecting to lose @ a half pound per week.
  • lucyjoon402
    lucyjoon402 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. With All that activity, you're not giving your body enough energy to do all of that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What are your current height and weight?

Are you weighing your solid foods and measuring your liquids and logging using good nutrition info such as food labels or usda info?

How can you be using MFP to log and not have any idea of a good calorie goal? Didn't you have to complete a profile and goal in order to start using the diary?