Over ate

Options
Just ate 400 calories over my maintenance,will I gain weight from this? I know 400 calories isn't much but they came from chocolate cake and sugary deserts

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what they came from. It takes approximately 3,500 extra calories to gain a pound.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You will gain just over one tenth of a pound of fat. or just eat 50 less calories for the next 8 days, and it evens out.
  • IeuanAlexanderSaunders
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ,I will have to hide the Easter food
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I ate 500 calories over maintenance two days in a row, and have somehow subsequently dropped 2 lbs... :p Not sure how that works....
  • IeuanAlexanderSaunders
    Options
    I want your scales
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No harm, no foul.
    If there's a day where I just want to celebrate my inner-fat kid and eat a little (or a lot) over my calorie limit, I either just go for an extra run/walk, or tighten things down for the rest of the week.

Thankfully weight loss is flexible and it can be fun if you allow it to be. ✌
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Thinking you put on fat in a day of surplus is as ridiculous as thinking you're going to lose fat from a day of dieting...your body doesn't work that way. The human body is a remarkable machine and strives for balance (maintenance)...it requires one to consistently over eat or consistently under eat to override your body's ability to balance energy.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    enjoy your dessert. It will be ok.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I want your scales

lol. It's a happy coincidence I'm sure; wouldn't it be nice to eat a ton and lose? But it made me scratch my head when the scale went down instead of up.
  • IeuanAlexanderSaunders
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice ,and happy Easter/holiday's for Sunday ✝