Weigh In

Options
When is the best time to weigh yourself? During the week or weekends ?

Replies

• kbrown761
    kbrown761 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference when in the week you weigh yourself. What does matter is that you weigh yourself once a week and at about the same time each week. I weigh in once a week in the morning.
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday night. I prefer Monday cause it helps me stay on track. Im not a morning person or i would weigh in the mornings but I have too much going on to weigh in on a monday morning before getting my kid to school and getting my happy self to work :)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every couple of days just to keep an eye on it - it's really easy to put on a pound a day so I like to keep an eye on it, just to catch it in case I am putting on lots of weight every day. But I do my "official" weigh in on a Sunday, first thing in the morning, after the bathroom but before breakfast!

Oh and I know your weight fluxuates throughout the week so if you weigh yourself every couple of days you might appear heavier/lighter due to water and stuff, Dont stress about the little extra weigh ins, as I said I just do them as a precaution to make sure I'm not putting on huge amounts of weight - easier to catch 2lb extra than 7lb at the end of the week!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday a.m.'s right after I get out of the shower. I'm more awake then and won't be made as miserable if I don't see the reults I am hoping for.
    As stated by another, it doesn't matter when you weigh yourself, but for an accurat read of how you are doing, you should do it at the same time each week (same day and time of day)
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I know people who weigh in on Mondays to help them stay on track over the weekends. If you know you weigh in on Monday, you might skip the ice cream on Saturday night!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on the morning where I would have gotten a full night's rest (not having to get up early for work or anything). I weigh less on those days. For me, that's usually a Saturday. Of course, weigh in the morning, after going #1 and #2, sans clothing, and before eating or drinking anything. Keep the scale in the same spot in the bathroom, too, of course. :smile:
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but only count it on Friday morning. I dont think it matters what day you choose to weigh in.
  • sbourassa18
    Options
    I go against all advice and weigh myself pretty much everyday. It works better for me...keeps me on track and I don't get discouraged by a small gain because I know it might not be a permanent gain.

But I do it first thing in the morning, after the bathroom and before breakfast.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of weighing myself every morning, first thing. I know there are small increases and decreases, but the "reports" on here tracks it all, so you can just watch for an overall downward trend, instead of getting stuck on particular numbers. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking :).