Anyone have any mouth watering chicken breast recipes?

Options

Replies

• shezzz21
    shezzz21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mexicano salad

Ingredients
    2 chicken breast
    1 tsp green chillies
    1 ½ tsp Ginger garlic
    1 can kernel corn
    1 can red kidney beans
    Chopped green onions
    Green & red pepper chopped
    1 cup grated cheese
    1 cup diced tomatoes
    1 cup shredded lettuce
    ½ cup sour cream
    ½ cup mayo
    2 tbsp 1000 island salad dressing
    Dash of lemon juice

Method
    Cook chicken in green chillies and Ginger garlic.
    When chicken is cooked, cool and add rest of ingredients.
    Serve with doritos.
  • shezzz21
    shezzz21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    chicken salad: 4-6 boneless cooked chicken breasts diced,
    1 cup seedless quartered red/green grapes,
    1 cup mayo,
    1 cup sour cream,
    sliced avo,
    chopped spring onion,
    shredded rocket,
    salt and pepper to taste.

Mix in a large bowl. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
    10-12 servings
  • TaraMarieStraight
    TaraMarieStraight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All I do for chicken is buy the already seasoned stuff at Albertsons (or use a little of your favorite rub), and spray a skillet with cooking spray. I put chicken in the skillet on medium heat, and put the lid on, then turn chicken over every half hour until done. The spray locks in the moisture and the lid helps cook the inside of chicken buy trapping the heat. My chicken is always moist and juicy, and with the rub has a lot of flavor.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Here's a fantastic marinade for chicken. Cheap because I make it at home and it makes great grilled chicken. I marinate it for 2 days normally. I cut the boneless breasts in half and pound them. Make a bunch for sandwiches, salads or with anything.

Greek dressing

1/2 cup olive oil
    1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
    1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
    1-1/4 teaspoons salt
    1-1/4 teaspoons onion powder
    1-1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    1/4-3/4 cup red wine vinegar

The vinegar I put 1/4 cup and then adjust to taste. 3/4 is too much for me. Sometimes I mix in some balsamic too.

I made yours today i left it in the frige for when i come back from my walk
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    one other thing to consider....tacos...everything can be made into a delicious taco. I've got left over baked chicken in the fridge...sounds like tacos to me.

Just made some bomb tacos lol with @melissa6771 recipe they where really realy good
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    one other thing to consider....tacos...everything can be made into a delicious taco. I've got left over baked chicken in the fridge...sounds like tacos to me.

Just made some bomb tacos lol with @melissa6771 recipe they where really realy good

@fluffygio glad you liked it! I love that marinade. I marinate cukes and tomatoes in it all the time too and have them at dinner as my veg.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    That sounds delicius lol i might tri that too
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You don't have to eat salad to lose weight... Just FYI.

Anyway this recipe is great. I had it with rice. I guess you could make lettuce wraps with it though...

http://www.thepinningmama.com/healthy-enchilada-chicken-bake-recipe/

Im making this right now its making my belly growl just thinking bout it
  • Jstrick1989
    Jstrick1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cajun chicken , I bought Cajun seasoning from the meat market marinate the chicken in that overnight in the morning put it in the crockpot or oven..... Crockpot on low for 6 hrs when it's done it's the best chicken. I ate for 3days straight and was mad when I didn't have any more
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cajun chicken , I bought Cajun seasoning from the meat market marinate the chicken in that overnight in the morning put it in the crockpot or oven..... Crockpot on low for 6 hrs when it's done it's the best chicken. I ate for 3days straight and was mad when I didn't have any more

I love Cajun stuff... just don't like the texture of chicken in the crockpot !

Oh I made this yesterday and it was tasty!

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chicken-broccoli-recipe/
    fluffygio wrote: »
    You don't have to eat salad to lose weight... Just FYI.

Anyway this recipe is great. I had it with rice. I guess you could make lettuce wraps with it though...

http://www.thepinningmama.com/healthy-enchilada-chicken-bake-recipe/

Im making this right now its making my belly growl just thinking bout it

Tell me what you think. Waiting for chicken breasts to be on sale and I'm definitely doing it again (I found cheap tenderloins for the broccoli chicken so I used those).
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Omg that looks delicius @Francl27 imma make that too lol
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in Balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard. About a tablespoon of each for a large breast. You could add a small amount of honey also.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Simple brine of brown sugar and salt....then grill over charcoal...wonderful and simple. Nothing else is needed.

Now that being said, I'm not using chicken breast unless forced. Thighs are far tastier and cheaper.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »
    Simple brine of brown sugar and salt....then grill over charcoal...wonderful and simple. Nothing else is needed.

Now that being said, I'm not using chicken breast unless forced. Thighs are far tastier and cheaper.

Last time I bought thighs I pretty much ended up with 75% of fat... can't say I'm eager to try them again :(
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Chicken pho. Seriously the best thing if you just want to fill up with food and don't want a bunch of calories.

http://steamykitchen.com/139-vietnamese-chicken-noodle-soup-pho-ga.html

Also made these chicken fajitas a couple weeks ago and they were so good I literally started moaning when I ate them. I used more onion and more garlic and used Mexican oregano, and just had them on hot corn tortillas with a ton of cilantro and a good extra hot habanero salsa.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/06/skillet-chicken-fajitas-with-avocado-recipe.html
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »

Last time I bought thighs I pretty much ended up with 75% of fat... can't say I'm eager to try them again :(

Not sure how you got that much fat? I buy boneless skinless and the fat content is nowhere near that level.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Try it hawaiian style its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    *three. Hours. Lata*oooooooooo good
  • Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Griddle Pan On!.. Season Chicken breast (olive oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika dry thyme, garlic powder ) Chiciken IN! .. Sizzle.. 4 minutes each side depending on size. Take out! .. Slice! Smoked Paprika Chicken DONE! .. And in the words of Gordon Ramsay "*kitten* Delicous!"
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Lol sounds "***** Delicous!" Imma try that