21 Year Old - Back on the bandwagon!

Options
Hello all!

I'm Ali, 21 and from England. I have yo-yoed in my weight my entire life and from the ages of 17-18 was very active on here, and managed to drop from 220lbs to around 130, but sadly due to the traumatic loss of my mother I started to regain (+20lbs). Then, I went to university (+20lbs), and then I met my wonderful boyfriend 2 years ago (and feeling comfortable with somebody led to another +20lbs). So, from 130 (where I felt I was too thin...) I have gained around 60lbs, so am sitting somewhere between 190-200lbs, although I don't want to weight myself just yet.

I just want to get my groove back - when I was losing weight the first time I found it so effortless, and it just seemed to drop off - but every time I have tried to restart subsequent to that I've given up, and gone back to binging. I've been struggling to control this at university - takeaway Pizza 4x a week, a sandwich every evening after dinner etc...

I just need some support and motivation and for me to realise that I am not doing myself justice - I need to be the best me I can be, and right now I am overweight, unfit and unhappy!

Replies

• earthbound95
    earthbound95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 20 years old from california:) can def understand where youre coming from as far as getting comfortable in a relationship leading to weight gain, aka my current situation -_- I'm also looking for support and motivation in my weightloss journey, this is my second time on MFP. I really aspire to stay consistent and am looking for a life style change not just a fast diet. Feel free to add me!
  • findingro
    findingro Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there so sorry to hear about your mum :( always here for support and chats :)