New jersey 27yr looking to loose 2-3 pounds a week

Options
Luiswow719
Luiswow719 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Trying to get back into shape. Looking at a goal of 2-3 pounds a week until I'm 50 pounds lighter. Then start a lifting routine to maybe bulk up. How big I bulk up depends on how I look while doing it.

Replies

• hrhleg
    hrhleg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do 1-2 a week...comfortably. :) MFP is WONDERFUL and the people on here are FABULOUS! (3 lbs a week? That seems to be extreme but I am sure others on MFP will comment.)
  • robertoconne11
    robertoconne11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    speaking from experience as a personal trainer and nutritionist... 1-1.5 lbs per week is an aggressive pace to maintain (dropping any more faster is possible but is usually water weigh which you will only gain back plus your body will not understand the quick weight reduction and will intentionally slow down its metabolism making weight lost that much harder) Additionally, as you improve your nutrition plan exercising (walking, biking, running) and weight training is good to do right from the beginning. improving muscles strength and endurance will assist burning calories and weight reduction.
  • EnterpriseA
    EnterpriseA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    speaking from experience as a personal trainer and nutritionist... 1-1.5 lbs per week is an aggressive pace to maintain (dropping any more faster is possible but is usually water weigh which you will only gain back plus your body will not understand the quick weight reduction and will intentionally slow down its metabolism making weight lost that much harder) Additionally, as you improve your nutrition plan exercising (walking, biking, running) and weight training is good to do right from the beginning. improving muscles strength and endurance will assist burning calories and weight reduction.

Agreed
  • RegalReynolds
    RegalReynolds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with certain parts I however have been loosing 2-3 pounds a week with MFP goals set to 1 pound per week. Every ones body is different. I have been loosing more body fat than water weight, my water weight actually increased while the fat decreased, and my muscle mass increased. It's a matter of your whole lifestyle in terms of health.