Foods high in protein?

tinalatina
tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
So I'm starting to dabble into foods that are actually better for me. Right now I go shopping and go for the "fat free" or "low fat" labels. I know that this isnt always the case and I want to make the step to eat foods that are better for me and promote higher metabolism and weight loss.

Let's start with Protein:

What types of foods do you like that are high in Protein?? *Please keep in mind im new to this and need something with taste! LOL"

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    protein - meats, beans, dairy, and a bunch of other stuff I'm not thinking of.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    So I'm starting to dabble into foods that are actually better for me. Right now I go shopping and go for the "fat free" or "low fat" labels. I know that this isnt always the case and I want to make the step to eat foods that are better for me and promote higher metabolism and weight loss.

Let's start with Protein:

What types of foods do you like that are high in Protein?? *Please keep in mind im new to this and need something with taste! LOL"

All meats with turkey, chicken and tuna being some of the highest.
    Dairy, cottage cheese is a great source of protein.
    Nuts, grains and granola
    Beans
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Greek Yogurt, String Cheese, Peanut Butter, Nuts, Meats
  • Psialpha297
    Psialpha297 Posts: 45 Member
    beef, chicken, turkey, fish, nuts. Also things like milk and cheese have protien as well, but not a huge amount.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    CHICKEN!!! i love chicken, it is such a versatile meat. Keep it healthy by baking & grilling :)
  • Eggs, fish, lean meat, protein shakes/bars (though be careful, a lot of them have a ton of sugar too), milk, almonds, lentils, beans.

Hope this helps. Protein is great, keeps you fuller for longer and helps build and maintain muscle.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    fish, chicken, beef, eggs, almond milk, fat free cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein powders, turkey
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Turkey jerky
    Greek yogurt (regular yogurt too, but it has less)
    Lean meats (chicken, fish, turkey)
    Nuts/Peanut Butter
    Egg whites
    Beans
    Cheese/Dairy
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Quinoa
    Eggwhites
    Beans
    Peas
    Fish