New to My Fitness Pal

Options
I am over 50 and have gained 10 pounds in the last year. I have been watching my diet and getting moderate exercise each week - about 1 1/2 hours per week walking or zumba or home dvds. but have not lost a pound or an inch . I am logging on to keep a more accurate account of calories and minutes exercising and seeking accountability from others.

Replies

• chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well you're in the right place. Weight loss is more in your kitchen than anything else. Make sure you keep those calories down and incorporate more excersices.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and I find this app so helpful and the community support is amazing. Feel free to add me if I can help support you on this journey
  • calefor
    calefor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had the same trouble, but since recording my food & activity, I've begun to loose. Feel free to add me too!
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and have had trouble losing any weight too but this app has helped me not gain anymore. Feel free to add me!
  • sandi_s
    sandi_s Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I am nearing 50 and first time on MFP. Feel free to add me
  • mandi_manson
    mandi_manson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 been over weight my whole life I finally decided that after years of disliking my body and being uncomfortable I am going to rock this out. Started Jan 9th 303 now down to 263.2 and going strong. That is cutting my calories down to any where between 1200 to 2300 which the top number is what fitness pal allows me. Days are different, but in the end I'm looking forward to a healthy life!
  • MCNG86
    MCNG86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Thanks for replying. I have tried this with friends last summer, but was not successful. The more the merrier.
  • carolewalker31
    carolewalker31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53 and have been fit and healthy most of my life but weight has just gradually crept on over the last 10 years and I'd really like to get back to feeling great in my clothes again! Finding the app really great and just got a Garmin Fit Bit which syncs with it! It's reassuring to know others are in the same boat!
  • MCNG86
    MCNG86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today was not a great day but not terrible. I did go over my calorie allotment, but tomorrow's a new day. I really like the button that says if every day were like today, you would weigh.... in 5 weeks. That is helping me be more aware of these splurge days and the effect they have.
  • jlhepsley
    jlhepsley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, 54 and have 113 lbs to go. I'm new to to MFP. Having problems getting info into my diet plan. Might need to get my 10 yr old granddaughter to help me. Why is it that they can pick up a new piece of electronics and already be able to program it? Don't laugh but my VCR is blinking 12:00. OK that was a joke, but not too far from the truth. I've started walking every day and have lost 23-26 # since 2/6/16.
  • WalkingQueen1979
    WalkingQueen1979 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • jlhepsley
    jlhepsley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did great today. Over 9200 steps and the days not quit over. Logged all my food. BUT then I came home to homemade ham and bean soup and ham and split pea soup. My daughter cooks like crazy and then says you can't that it not on your diet.