Cheat day...

Options
Does anyone have a cheat day?? Meaning i chose a day from the week and eat anything i want...
I avoid eating at night but would love to have that one day just to eat my fav dish wether its pizza a hamburger.... french fries exc

Replies

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you record it. Cheat days can set you back days, weeks or months, all depending on how many calories you consume.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I disagree Erik. I had a cheat day probably once a week since I started my progress in July of 2015. I have lost 37 lbs on a 1200 cal day limit. I would probably only log cheat days 50% of the time. I have read that your body need a cheat day. Not sure about the science behind it, but it worked for me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope. I fit stuff into my daily/weekly cals.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I have one meal a week, where I eat what I want. I don't record it, as even with my daily deficit, I would still be under my weely goals.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    tk6299 wrote: »
    I disagree Erik. I had a cheat day probably once a week since I started my progress in July of 2015. I have lost 37 lbs on a 1200 cal day limit. I would probably only log cheat days 50% of the time. I have read that your body need a cheat day. Not sure about the science behind it, but it worked for me.

I said "can". How many calories were your cheat days? Do you know how many calories ginamcy's are going to be? Do you think its safe to just assume she will do exactly the same things you did?
  • betzd189
    betzd189 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cheat meal instead of a cheat day
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    No matter what trendy term you use, it's all about the maths.

Personally a non-restrictive way of eating suits me, I eat all the things I like, all the time, within the confines of my calorie and macronutritional goals.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    tk6299 wrote: »

The science behind it is that 1200 calories a day is really low, probably too low, for man outside medically supervised contexts. Luckily you seem to be increasing that number by eating food you're not logging.
  • RainDrops930
    RainDrops930 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    I have one meal a week, where I eat what I want. I don't record it, as even with my daily deficit, I would still be under my weely goals.

I do this too. Usually on Saturdays, I have a cheat meal (not day). I'll go out to eat, eat whatever I want, then eat whatever desserts I want. This has not impacted my weight loss at all. I find that this keeps me sane during the week, when I try to eat very healthy. Cheat meals are not for everyone, but they work for me. Find what works for you :)
  • ginamcy
    ginamcy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »

I do this too. Usually on Saturdays, I have a cheat meal (not day). I'll go out to eat, eat whatever I want, then eat whatever desserts I want. This has not impacted my weight loss at all. I find that this keeps me sane during the week, when I try to eat very healthy. Cheat meals are not for everyone, but they work for me. Find what works for you :)

Cheat day can be pizza for me
  • ginamcy
    ginamcy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    Just make sure you record it. Cheat days can set you back days, weeks or months, all depending on how many calories you consume.

Well i dont know about that but my eating diary or whatever is saying i am not eating enough!!! So what am i suppose to do eat even though im not hungry just to complete my schedule this is exhausting
  • calefor
    calefor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Day Off Diet", allows one day off per week and healthy meals, snacks thru the week.