Just started my weight loss journey today.

Options
Knapp417
Knapp417 Posts: 12 Member
Hello I am Kim. I am starting my weight loss journey today. Trying to learn all I can. I need to lose at least 70 PDS. I am considering gastric sleeve surgery and I am wanting to try on my own first.

Replies

• jamescolley84
    jamescolley84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! No surgery needed let's get it
  • MeganSchuyler16
    MeganSchuyler16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'6" and currently 213.8lbs, looking to lose 65lbs. Just started myself last week and have lost 3lbs so far :). Definitely don't need surgery to lose that. Work hard and I bet you could lose 70lbs within a year.
  • BlueAfternoon
    BlueAfternoon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can do this yourself! We'll all get behind you- you just need to start your journey and we'll encourage you every step of the way! :)
  • fletchy85
    fletchy85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in the same boat, I was referred for surgery 2x! But I'm pretty much to scared to do it Finally buckled down and so far I'm 20.0 lbs down (as of 5 min ago when i hopped on the scale) since mid Feb. My diary is open for friends to view. I'm open to sharing snack and meal ideas!
  • rjdr432
    rjdr432 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Kim, don't do it - just don't do the surgery. Everything in life that has the greatest reward is also the most daunting before we start. University, a new job, a new relationship, all of them look like such a mountain to climb when at first we view them from "base camp".

I've lost 12Kgs (26lbs) in 90 days through no more than "consistent persistence", no tricks no gimmicks no doctors, and believe me I'm no rocket scientist.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” Calvin Coolidge.

• dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20lbs so far and about 30lbs more to go. 70lbs is doable. There are a lot of people who lose double, triple and more than that on their own. Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • Knapp417
    Knapp417 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello I wld love to add you but I am not even sure how yet lol