I need some advice on my Diet / Workout Routine

Options
Hi there

I'm gonna talk about my diet AND fitness/lifting routine so i didnt know if i should post it here or in the Fitness section if this post is wrong in here i'm sorry :|

So i used to weigh around 175kg, Pure gamer 2 bottles of coke, 2 bags of chips and like 5000kcal a day and went to 1200kcal a day no carbs, no sugar whatsoever and went down to 105 and started lifting, but i felt horrible and relapsed (I hope that's the right word) back up to 150, now i'm at 125 with 23-25% Bodyfat and i gotta say it's the healthiest i ever felt.

I was still struggling with the bad mindset of CARBS = THE DEVIL therefore i still tried to lowcarb so i had alot of digestive problems, overall energy problems and to be honest i was quite depressed.

Now (around 2 weeks ago) I started a high carb diet and i'd like some opinions about it since i have no idea about high carb dieting whatsoever (Even though i already feel way better). Here goes nothing:

Breakfast: 125g Basmati Rice (white long grain), either 10 eggwhites (No eggyolk) or 200-250g Chickenbreast

Snack : Probably some Linseed cookies (around like 100kcal)

Lunch : 400g Potatos, 2 eggwhites, 200-400g of Mushrooms and a Proteinshake with some Peanut butter

Preworkout / Snack? : Usually an apple and a scoop of my favorite pre workout (I don't know if it has calories but i doubt it)

Dinner: Usually 125g of White Basmati Rice or 125g of wholewheat pasta + a protein of my choice (Tuna/Chicken/Cod)

Workout:
(I will just take my Backday as an example since its the longest and hardest day for me)

10min pretty easy Cardio before weightlifting (According to the machine 100-120kcal)
5 Sets of 100kg Deadlifts (10 Reps each) to warmup
Pyramid up to 180kg Deadlifts for 3 Reps
Pyramid back down to 60kg Deadlifts as Supersets to Failure
8 Sets Lat pulldowns (70-80kg 15 reps each)
8 Sets Low Rows (70kg 15 Reps)
16 Sets Isolateral Machine Rows (No idea how the specific name is) (15 Reps one handed 30kgx20 8 sets per side)
5 Sets of barbell Rows (80KG 10 Reps)
and 15 minutes of HIIT Cardio (according to the machine around 200-240kcal)

I'm still trying to get rid of the idea that carbs are evil and i feel like this 1200kcal diet i used to do isn't really that healthy for me anymore, even though i lost ALOT of weight incredibly quick.

Ever Since i got really into lifting (Participating in the Weightlifting cup of the Gym i go to and so) i noticed that on the lowcarb 1200kcal diet i would throw up ... like alot (sorry for TMI)

So my questions are, do i eat too much or should i be okay with that?
Any better opinions on how, when and what carbs to eat?

Sorry for the long post and thanks to whoever is gonna answer this.

Daniel // Mudakon

(English isn't my native language so please excuse the grammar mistakes)

Replies

• Noeediddntt
    Noeediddntt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there, it sounds like you got the diet and fitness on point! You have to ask your self if it's ok. Is your scale going down with higher carbs? Are you getting results in photos and the mirror? If yes, than you are doing it correctly. You already know that low carbs do not work for you, so how is your body reacting to more carbs? If the weight isn't dropping just adjust your calories and macros until you find that sweet spot.

Regarding your meal timing question - Why over complicate it? It doesn't matter when you eat unless you are a professional athlete. What kind of carbs you eat is a different story, carbs from: oats, grains, fruits, veggies, rice, potatoes are excellent. carbs that are high in fiber like green veggies and oatmeal. Not so many carbs from junk food or soda/pop.

Just remember everyone is different and to not pay so much attention to what you might read or hear about carbs. Don't over complicate it, stay in a deficit, stay consistent, and do whatever works for you.
  • penelopes_progress
    penelopes_progress Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to the community so this is my first comment!
    I'm really pleased you are reaching your goals, but your diet does not sound as healthy as it could be yet...
    One Apple a day won't give you all the plant-based nutrients your body needs. We need a healthy balance of lots of colourful veggies and fruit, with whole grains and pulses, and good protein. Rice, potatoes and pasta every day won't give you that. Brown rice is a fantastic grain, and wholewheat pasta is definitely better than white, but it really sounds like you need to up your vegetable intake for maximum impact. One way could be to substitute your potatoes for sweet potatoes sometimes.
    And don't forget you really need to enjoy your food! Don't let it become bland or boring. Find exciting healthy recipes using the ingredients you love! That way it won't feel like a hardship, but the best thing you've ever done for your body :smile:
    (Vegan cookbooks can often help with veggie-packed recipes, and then you can add your own meat or dairy)
    Hope you find this helpful! Wish you all the best on your journey :smiley: