Beating the plateau

Options
So my stat weight was 13 stone 1. I am now 11 stone 5. My goal is 10 stone 7

I've stopped losing weight for 2 weeks now. Previously have just shocked my body by doing some extra work outs but I don't seem to have much time (3 kids)

What else can I do...?? I'm limited in my food as I have selective eating disorder meaning I physically can't eat some foods I will just throw up from the textures.

Help me!

My wedding is in 40 days

Replies

• SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    So my stat weight was 13 stone 1. I am now 11 stone 5. My goal is 10 stone 7

I've stopped losing weight for 2 weeks now. Previously have just shocked my body by doing some extra work outs but I don't seem to have much time (3 kids)

What else can I do...?? I'm limited in my food as I have selective eating disorder meaning I physically can't eat some foods I will just throw up from the textures.

Help me!

My wedding is in 40 days

Your answer is here...

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • kittybr77
    kittybr77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can relate! My wedding is in May and I am currently on a plateau as well. Sorry I don't really have any advice - I just want you to know you're not alone. I know my body is just taking some time to adjust to the new weight. In the meantime until the next "melt", I am just trying to keep up my exercise and keep below my goal and focus on my water. I have stopped underestimating how big of an ally water is this past month. I am optimistic but still frustrated haha. If you would like to add me as a friend please feel free - maybe we can check in on each other!
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started at 13 stone 3lb in September and I'm now 10 stone 4lb. About 3 months ago I had a whole month where I hadn't moved a lb and other months where I have lost 8lbs. It is definitely not consistent. Mentally it is a struggle but I reassure myself that my body is adjusting and recalibrating (i.e. working out where to take fat from, how to redistribute it etc) Strange to think of all the amazing things this body gets up to as it shrinks...why my belly but not my boobs? Why my arms but not my legs? How does it choose and why is it different for different people? Anyway I digress...just trust your body and keep gently being mindful of what you eat and how much you move. Numbers are pretty arbitrary and never equate to our bodies looking how we think they will. Work on strengthening your core and replacing fat with muscle. You already must feel and look so much better with having lost a stone and a half - congratulations. Confidence and glowing skin are going to be the key to feeling and looking wonderful on your special day: eat plenty of colourful veggies to ensure you are brimming with nutriton :)