30 day shred started 6/22...

Options
Hi everyone! I just started 30DS today! I am so excited to see some results (i hope)! Anyone have any helpful tips or recommendations? Need all the support and motivation I can get! Thanks:)

Replies

• Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    I will not do 30ds everyday... I got shin splints really bad from not taking a break. so now i do every other day and something else on those off days. good luck!
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Hey there! I started 30DS today too! I only got through 2 sets though cuz i hurt myself. Feeling better now, but i'll try again tomorrow. I've tried to do this before, but only made it a few days. This time I'm commited to following through! I added you as a friend because support is awesome!

Good luck on your journey!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Just don't get discouraged. Stick with it. Even if you find you have to take rest days. I am almost finished my second round of it. The first time it took me 57 days to do the 30 days. Plenty of rest days were needed to let my body recover and I only did level 1 and level 2. I was not ready to move on. I now have only 1 day left to go and this time it has taken me 46 days and I managed level 3. woohoo. Even though I still only do the easy level. I am 51 yrs old and have just got under 100kgs. You may very well manage 30 days straight but I do know you will feel fantastic for doing it. Good Luck to you.
  • Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just got started today too! lets do this!!!!
  • kathrynthomas5
    Options
    On day 23 of shred and can't believe the results. I haven't lost much weight but feel so much stronger and can see heaps of changes in my body shape. So glad I did it but am already worried about what I am going to do afterwards to keep my new muscles from deteriorating. Think I will mix it up with cycling, jogging etc but maybe go back to Jillian for two or three days a week to maintain.
  • __Jackie__
    __Jackie__ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 day shred. When I first started I found it nearly impossible to do everyday. I tried to do it every second day, it got easier each time I did it. I know its supposed to be a "30 day" shred, but I think I would have given up if I tried to do it everyday for 30 days right off the start. I have been doing it for about 2 months, and just moved to Level 2 and am doing it everyday now. I am seeing some major differences in my quads and biceps and abs.

The more you do it, the easier it gets. Jillian is tough though...I'm not gunna lie!
  • __Jackie__
    __Jackie__ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 day shred. When I first started I found it nearly impossible to do everyday. I tried to do it every second day, it got easier each time I did it. I know its supposed to be a "30 day" shred, but I think I would have given up if I tried to do it everyday for 30 days right off the start. I have been doing it for about 2 months, and just moved to Level 2 and am doing it everyday now. I am seeing some major differences in my quads and biceps and abs.

The more you do it, the easier it gets. Jillian is tough though...I'm not gunna lie!
  • JenL0690
    JenL0690 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And great job for those of you that have done it or in the process! Anyone wanting to start this journey with me, feel free!
  • KimberlyDenice
    Options
    do ou know how many calories are burned doing 20 mins on level 1?
  • JenL0690
    Options
    I put it as circuit training, general and it said 201. I dont have a HRM so im not sure how accurate it is. can def feel the burn!!
  • JenL0690
    Options
    :happy:
  • iHeartDisney
    Options
    Today was Day 1 for me as well for the 30 Day Shred. My co-worker lent me the DVD and I'm ready to make her jealous of my results from her DVD! I'm entering in the exercise under 20 minutes of general circuit training. Does anyone have a better idea? Personally I feel like I burned way more calories than 154 but it helps me not eat from the extra earned calories I guess. Good luck everyone starting it. I'll definitely be checking back everyday.
  • JenL0690
    Options
    I just got started today too! lets do this!!!!

We can and will do this!!
  • kathrynthomas5
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor. I am 6 foot and weigh 154 pounds and I burnt 240 doing level 1.
  • JenL0690
    Options
    Excited to begin day two after work!! My leg muscles hurt!!! Lol
  • taurus39
    taurus39 Posts: 26
    Options
    D1L1 of shred. That was intense. I have to admit at the beginning it was very hard to get motivated. The jumping ,jacks and running in place but after the initial shock of it , it got better as I went . I feel great. Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • JenL0690
    Options
    D2L1 done! My muscles were def sore from yesterday but I did it! Good luck everyone on day 2, and day 3 for tmrw!!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of level 3. I have only lost 1 pound BUT I have lost 5.5 inches and my arms look great. I love it. Almost as soon as the level gets boring it has been time to change..
  • mommaLars
    mommaLars Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS back in Feb and I do it about 3-4 times a week. I was sore at first. I even hated the push -ups. Now after doing the DVD over 70 times. I can say I LIKE PUSH-UPS! Once my body started to shrink everywhere it has kept me motivated to do the DVD and mix up the levels. I have only lost 5 pounds but have not started to diet yet. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • JenL0690
    Options
    Great job jae and momma! Ive heard a lot of great things about this, so im looking forward to this greatness happening to me! Lol