successful beginning

Options
I am 56 years old, currently weighing in at 259 lbs and on a losing streak! Yes, you heard right...I have quite the story to share, but at this time, I am going to say just a little and share more later. One week ago, I could barely walk...my legs hurt, my knees hurt, my feet hurt and I was having various other aches and pains...

I started out taking a walk. 1.2 miles. I know how this works and you have to work through the pain at first, so work I did. The next night I went 1.3 and the third time out 1.9. I have lost lots of water weight, but its water, so I have recorded 1 lb in a week, but it is probably more than that.

The miracle in this, is how I feel. My feet don't hurt, my knees don't hurt, my back does not hurt...in ONLY a week...and my blood sugar has been great!! If following MFP and keeping my calories down where they should be does this, oh why would i ever go back?

So that said, please wish me luck as I continue to lose weight! Good luck to all my fellow MFP buddies~lets dig in and we will all feel better soon!

Hugs to you all,
Bobbie

Replies

• dedycus
    dedycus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great start! Keep with it, you can do it!
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That is a great start!!! Every day your knees don't hurt is a victory! Be strong and keep it up!
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Amazing to hear about your progress. Its always nice to see people losing lbs, but its stuff like this, where you've been able to improve your quality of life and be pain-free, is always so inspirational. Best of luck to you and hope you continue to reap the positive rewards of your efforts!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Cannot wait to see how you progress
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    WOO! Congrats on taking your first step out the door, and on continuing to see it snowball! Keep losin'!
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's all about how we feel!! Good job!! Keep it up!!
  • LTB1234
    LTB1234 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It's wonderful that you are no longer in pain and enjoying the journey.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Many thumbs up for your accomplishment! Blessings for continued success!
  • Jaegur
    Jaegur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! Keep it up!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    thanks guys...you all ROCK and I appreciate your comments!! WE CAN DO THIS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!