49 and hoping to be my most fit by fifty....Join me

Options
I am going to be 50 next March and I really want to be as fit as I possibly can be in the year. I am looking for similar minded folk to help keep me on track and would like me to do the same for them. I am a very positive individual. Add me as a friend and lets start this journey

Replies

• NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oooh!! Adding you! I'll be 49 next week and have the same goal for 50!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    46 here but dang it, after never ever being a healthy weight as an adult, I am going to be before I am 50! I'm down 70 pounds from my heaviest, down 40 pounds from my latest push to a healthier me and still 60 pounds more to go before I'm officially a healthy weight.

• andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies, we have this....I used to be very in shape but life happened and stress just made things worse. I have a goal of 40lbs but I would be very happy with 30. I just want to be healthy....
  • sjensenee
    sjensenee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Only 37, but looking to hit a 60 pound loss by next Feb 11. Already down 20lbs.
  • ritaw68
    ritaw68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will definitely add you. I will be 48 in May. I am DETERMINED to be a healthy, fit, beautiful 50 year old!!
  • skinnyminny6987
    skinnyminny6987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Such a great goal! you are such an inspiration!
  • andersonjo0306
    Options
    Not inspirational. I get my inspiration from all the women on here. The older we get the harder it is to lose weight. I hate to say it but younger women dont have the same problem. I know I did not have the same issues in my 30s. Man if I could have my body back from when I was 30.....Lesson learned, appreciate your body every day
  • leileilee
    leileilee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do I add andersonjo0306?
  • andersonjo0306
    Options
    leileilee wrote: »
    How do I add andersonjo0306?

Added you....
  • andersonjo0306
    Options
    OMG just found a similar post that I created 3 years ago.....too funny. And when I think about how I have changed in 3 years, it really blows my mind
  • peacerunner
    peacerunner Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh I just turned 50 in December and I am pissed off that I was not my healthiest then so have made a vow to be my healthiest at 51.
    I need to lose about 35 to 40 pounds.
    I am trying to figure out how to friend people but it will only let me send a message. Is that how I friend?
    Or feel free to friend me if you would like.
  • JennyKaeWeighsIn
    JennyKaeWeighsIn Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Add me. I need to lose about 70 lbs. Gonna need lots of help.
  • jacqueline116325
    jacqueline116325 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. Gained about 20 lbs after turning 40 last year. Determined to lose it!
  • andersonjo0306
    Options
    I know it is not huge but I am down almost 5 lbs since March 1st....Gone are the days of double weight loss....maybe if I have to work harder I will be more determined to keep it off?
  • Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I added you! I am 46 and I am on a 100 pound journey so I am here for awhile :) I'd love as many friends as possible!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    49 here.

It's unlikely I'll be as fit as I was in my 20s but being fit and having fun is the name of the game.

Good luck. What are your fitness goals?
  • andersonjo0306
    Options
    I don't want to be as small as I was when I was in my 20s. I want to be strong. I want muscle definition. I don't want to hurt. I love weight training, so I want my strength back.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't want to be as small as I was when I was in my 20s. I want to be strong. I want muscle definition. I don't want to hurt. I love weight training, so I want my strength back.

Good goals!
    Mine are to remain fit enough to do crazy things.

Half Iron Man in the next decade.
    88km ultra in 16 months.
    Transalps rides in the next years.

etc...
  • andersonjo0306
    Options
    That is awesome. I have had knee issues since I was a teen. I have tried to run but my knees cannot handle it. weights have been my go to....