It's a conspiracy!!!

Options

Replies

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If you don't think there is a conspiracy you have your head in the sand. Queenliz99, watch this movie, learn about Macros, talk to a nutritionist. Sugar is more and more being seen as a toxin to the body and it is really hard to avoid if you are eating at places like McDonalds. http://fedupmovie.com/#/page/home

I am more inclined to belive the makers of that movie are involved in a conspiracy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    The problem is you're still going to McDonalds. A grocery store will have a ready-to-eat produce section where you can get salads and sandwiches ready to eat, and they aren't $7. Don't support fast food restaurants with your money.
    I support McDonald's at least weekly. And McDonald's isn't a bad corporation. Ever heard of the Ronald McDonald house? Where do you think the money comes from? Ever hear of the Olympics? Who do you think is one of the main sponsors of the athletes? Try telling all those who have gotten support from McDonald's that they shouldn't be supported.
    If you have an issue with NOT being able to like McDonald's or eat it, that's YOUR issue. I'll GLADLY support them not only because I've liked their food since I was 10, but because they've done much more than just sell fast food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Wait, so if I lived in the US, if could have blamed the government for making me fat instead of taking some personal responsibility in my life?

I so missed out.

• overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Panda_brat wrote: »
    Where is my tinfoil hat?

wwqvmpave00h.gif

I get you though. If you are trying to save money, or worried about healthy options being too expensive, prep it don't buy it.

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Thanks gods I live in Canada and don't have to worry about the government making me fat with burgers.
  • lizlemon4
    lizlemon4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    The United States wants Americans to be fat. Why would a burger at McDonald's cost 1.00 and a salad 7.00 ??? Gerr

I would have to say that on some level you are correct. The same agency that controls our food also controls our drugs. FDA is a government agency and the government is a business and like most business they want to make money. Ultimately you have to decide what you want spend $7.00 for a slade now and add years to your life without having to pay for meds for heart disease or have a $1.00 burger and pay thousands if not millions for Healthcare costs that will add up quick if you repeat having the burger everyday. The choice is yours.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Why would the government want people to be fat (And have obesity related health issues) when that is only going to cost them more money? Not even the restaurants are trying to make you fat... they are trying to make you buy more food so they make more money...

... and actually, about the only people i can think of who would benefit from making america fat is whoever makes fabric that is priced for sale by the yard.... A clothier's conspiracy!!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    So... First it was your son's faults, now it's McDonald's?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So... First it was your son's faults, now it's McDonald's?

Right.

hdatres, you have blamed all kinds of outside reasons as to why people (and you) become overweight.

It is my fault and no one else's if I am overweight. My hand, my mouth. My choice what I eat. 100% on me. Doesn't matter if I lose my job, my family, my car, if my kids like ice cream, if my husband buys wine, if there are ads on every corner for McDonalds. My hand, my mouth.

That is the good news and the bad news. If I am 100% in control of what I put in my body (no giggity) then I am 100% in control of my weight. Full stop.
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

Yeah I know what you mean op, It`s a bummer eating healthy costs more.

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

No... It really doesn't
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of cheap healthy options if you go to the grocery store. Watch for sales. You can get way more servings from a bag of frozen veggies for a few dollars than a $1 hamburger.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

Eating healthy doesn't cost more. Being lazy and eating healthy costs more, because you wind up paying a fortune for premade "healthy" foods... I can buy a 5 lb bag of potatoes for 4 dollars.... I can buy canned tuna for 99 cents... I can buy bulk dried beans, chickpeas, quinoa etc for less than a dollar per 100g (Navy beans are 25 cents per 100 g ) and when i go to the trouble of soaking those beans, most of them about triple in size... this is opposed to buying those same beans in cans for whatever cost... Then you take those things and you turn them into healthy (cheap) food.

Example
    1 can of tuna -- $0.99
    49 g of red onion -- $0.11
    49 g of celery -- $0.10
    10 g of mustard -- $0.02
    4 slices of bread -- $0.80

total cost: $2.02
    Calories per sandwich: 337 (depends on bread)

This is Two tuna sandwiches, the easiest meal you could conceivably make, and it cost me about two bucks... Aaaaand it didn't put me over my calorie goals in one sitting. Want to add a fruit... Bananas are are $1.71/kg.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

I beg to differ. Whole chicken $6, a #5 pound of rice $6 and pound of vegetables $2. With the chicken you can get an awesome soup from the carcass. Not sure why you would think eating healthier is more expensive.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

Yeah I know what you mean op, It`s a bummer eating healthy costs more requires thoughtful shopping.

FIFY
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

Yeah, except that it doesn't. Oatmeal, milk, eggs, tuna, carrots, chicken, pork, peas, cabbage, canned tomatoes, dried beans, rice, peanut butter, apple, oranges, bananas, all these are healthy and cheap, if you don't buy single packs or anything labeled "healthy" or "organic".
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    An average fast food meal costs, what, 6-7 dollars? Even if you get a few things from the dollar menu, that's 3-4 bucks. Times 3 meals day... You're looking at upwards of 21 dollars a day (or more) times 7 days a week... That's easily 145 week. Easily. I spent 150-200 a month at the grocery store for 2 people and I make tons of homemade meals, snacks, desserts, etc.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

It doesn't have to cost more. In fact, my food bill is half of what it used to be, because I eat smarter/smaller portions (and far less cheese and wine indulging, sigh, but I digress...).

And, incidentally, I eat more fast food burgers at a lean weight than when I was fat. *I* made me fat with all my delicious, whole food cooking. I just ate too much of it. My fault; nobody else's.

Once I understood that, I could finally take charge and do what needed to be done to get fit. My suggestion is to take responsibility, then you can take charge.
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

Here where I live, you can buy a box of noodles for 1.00 ( bad too many carbs) and one orange cost 1.00 each.......that's ridiculous!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options

hdatres wrote: »
    Geez, Tough crowd!!!

Here where I live, you can buy a box of noodles for 1.00 ( bad too many carbs) and one orange cost 1.00 each.......that's ridiculous!

Where do you live? and aren't there other options somewhere nearby?