Protein!

Options
Need help to reach my protein levels! Consistently low on those... Thanks in advance.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Eggs, yogurt, nuts,chicken, fish, beef, pork,beans,quinoa, tuna...
  • Leahrf313
    Leahrf313 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eating most of that with protein powder too, barely am halfway at end of day
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're a female? You should be able to hit your protein goal and then some with two whey shakes and a large chicken breast a day.

That's around 110g of protein. But it also depends on your weight and goals.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I supplement with a daily protein shake w/30g of protein. Otherwise I'd come up short most days.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My protein goal is 140g per day and I always get it. I make sure that my meals and snacks all have protein included. For me, it has been really helpful to pre log my meals. That way I know how much protein I need in my snacks. Snacks I use include Quest Bars, Protein Shakes, tuna, left over chicken, lunch meat, and I used to eat Greek yogurt.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Make your snacks protein based too? Nuts, nut butters, beef jerky, protein bars, dried soya beans, slices of chicken breast? These won't be game changers but every little helps.
    Also 100g of Fage 0% Fat yoghurt every night before bed will give you 10g of slow release Caesin to do its work whilst you sleep and for only 57cals.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    We don't know what your protein goal is, and why. Nor what you like or dislike, or if you have food restrictions because of health or ethical/religious aspects. I do fine on 70 grams protein per day, and I get it from meat, fish, eggs, dairy, grains, nuts and seeds, and a little from vegetables as well.
  • jabjbab
    jabjbab Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a second protein shake if I'm not going to make my protein numbers for the day. I just need to be better at drinking water. I also have tuna on hand at work and home at all times. Greek yogurt or quark can be a great quick source of protein too.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I found these yesterday. They're screenshots so not perfect but you get the idea.
    1i2mr1c2ft5s.png
    6r4463v7rvbx.png
  • gingers72
    gingers72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I am trying to move to a plant based diet but getting enough protein is tough. I could use some suggestions as well.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my protein from grains, rice, potatoes and stuff like that. Today I had a baguette with 24g protein. Some other stuff I especially enjoy for getting my protein in is seeds, 100% peanut butter (only peanuts in it, so I use it for cooking!), textured soy protein, tofu, kale, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, peas... Yum!
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Double your usual serving size.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    fish, nuts, chicken, eggs are my go-to's for protein. Red meat I can only eat a couple ounces because it's too fattening so it's best for me to eat chicken or fish because I can double or triple the amount I can eat versus that in red meat. Tuna is great for protein. I eat that 2-4 times per week. Very low calorie depending on how you prepare it.
  • Leahrf313
    Options
    We don't know what your protein goal is, and why. Nor what you like or dislike, or if you have food restrictions because of health or ethical/religious aspects. I do fine on 70 grams protein per day, and I get it from meat, fish, eggs, dairy, grains, nuts and seeds, and a little from vegetables as well.

Just asking for suggestions that's all thanks!
  • Leahrf313
    Options
    jabjbab wrote: »
    Sometimes I have a second protein shake if I'm not going to make my protein numbers for the day. I just need to be better at drinking water. I also have tuna on hand at work and home at all times. Greek yogurt or quark can be a great quick source of protein too.

What is quark
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    .7 to .8 grams/day per pound LEAN BODY MASS is all you need. Any more is counter productive.