How often do you allow yourself "healthy" desserts?

Options
2»

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like the Great Value mini drumstic ice cream cones. 140 cals.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Most 'healthier' desserts aren't worth my calorie count. I'd rather save up my calories and have a splurge on a dessert I'm really craving. I do generally have a bit of dark chocolate here and there during the week, but once a month or so I'll make a small cake or batch of cookies or something. (I bake my own stuff so I don't have to rely on random grocery calorie counts. Home-made is tastier anyway. :) )

agreed! the calorie difference on "healthy" desserts vs the real thing isnt thaaaaat much so id rather just save up for the real thing. If my sweet tooth is killing me and i dont really have any room I suck on/let melt dark chocolate chips... like 10 of em.
  • surprisethekids
    surprisethekids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat a Fiber One brownie nearly every afternoon. I also will often have a Fudgsicle in the evening, which are only 60 calories. Sometimes I eat some dark chocolate. A little bit of chocolate keeps me satisfied and on track.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    We have 300 calories of Ben and Jerry’s every night. We're maintaining so it pretty much fits all the time now.

Have a treat from time to time, you need to.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    We have 300 calories of Ben and Jerry’s every night. We're maintaining so it pretty much fits all the time now.

Have a treat from time to time, you need to.

Oh man I wish I could fit 300 calories of ice cream every day even while maintaining.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream 130 calories+ 10 grams of quest cookies and cream protein powder 30 calories. Don't know if it fits your definition of a healthy dessert, but it satisfies me and I have it everyday.
  • mandietippets
    mandietippets Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas! Yum! And good to know you all are still losing weight/maintaining through it!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of yogurt with choc/ peanut butter protein powder(casein) and chia seeds mixed in, topped off with cottage cheese and fresh raspberries. I have this almost every night. Very yummy and filling.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I budget them in, every day.

There is always some chocolate or a coconut treat with lunch and something (chocolate pieces or Greek yogurt) after dinner.

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm just not a dessert person; I'm fine going without it for months on end. That said, we're having Chocolate Hazelnut Something for dessert tomorrow night (pretty sure it's Nutella Cake, essentially); I'll make room for that in my calories for the day because Chocolate Hazelnut Something. But I don't feel like it's an allowance, and I don't feel deprived without it.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I literally plan my day so I can have a Lenny and Larry's cookie for dessert every day. No half cookie bs
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I eat dessert as often as I have it in the house and can fit it into my nutrition range. Honestly, I would rather eat "real food" than sweets/treats at this point. I thoroughly miss potato chips though....(watching sodium)
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I lost my taste for sweets in the late 90s.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you are talking about 100-200 calorie sweet snacks that would fit into any day , I have them whenever I feel like having them. Sometimes I go a whole week of daily sweet snacks, other times I don't have any for a whole month. For higher calorie ones (500+ calories) it's more complicated and often needs pre-planning. I can't just have one whenever without considering my options.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have Reese's Peanut Butter cup most every day and other sweets like ice cream, donuts, etc.....lost 121 pounds and been maintaining now for 18 months now. ;)
  • mandietippets
    mandietippets Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I have Reese's Peanut Butter cup most every day and other sweets like ice cream, donuts, etc.....lost 121 pounds and been maintaining now for 18 months now. ;)

Wow! What an accomplishment! Good for you! I'm a sucker for Reese's. Only problem is I can't just have 1. Lol.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I have dessert most nights -- sometimes ice cream (had leftover ice cream with rhubarb sauce I made for Easter tonight, because I had a hard workout and relatively low cal day), sometimes a piece of fruit (pears are an amazing dessert), sometimes something non-sweet like cheese. I used to do protein shakes or smoothies sometimes, but haven't done either for a while. I've made "healthy" desserts like sweet potato pudding or a banana coconut milk pudding or chia pudding, and there's a TJ's yogurt I like that might as well be dessert, but they aren't usually much of a calorie savings over other options, and I'm lazy, so I don't that often -- more often as an experiment because I feel like cooking.

I don't see anything wrong with having a dessert that fits into your calories, though. I tend not to have baked goods much because I find them hard to fit into my calories in satisfying amounts without sacrificing other things and enjoy them more saving them for special occasions, but I'll have a little piece of high quality chocolate if I need low cals, or any number of other things for up to around 200, which I often have left at the end of a day anyway.

If I don't have the calories because I was more splurgy on other things earlier in the day, I will skip the dessert, no problem. However, I don't really separate out sweet splurges (like I said, my desserts aren't always sweet) from other sorts. (My biggest weaknesses aren't the sweet ones.)
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Strawberry jello with fresh strawberries and chocolate whipped cream is awesome and low calorie.