Day 1 of weight loss plan. Looking for people to support me.

Options
In the last year I have gained 2 stone. I have been comfort eating to cope with very stressful personal circumstances. It has helped me to cope, but has left me clinically obese. My gall bladder is now playing up and last week doctor said I am developing osteoarthritis in my knees. Been told to lose weight as it is the excess flab that is causing these health issues. I am looking for people to support me on my weight loss mission and give me encouragement.

Replies

• incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosie :) ill support you.
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have osteoarthritis in my knees, too. That blows, because it can be harder to exercise because it causes pain, at least, for me it does. I ride a recumbent bike and do elliptical for cardio, because that's less stressful on my knees. Give that a try and see if it works for you, too. Also, swimming is good. It puts on strain on the joints.
  • redbee157
    redbee157 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosie! I'm here too!. Its a bit of a vicious circle I find. Health problems caused by weight loss, but health problems get in the way of losing that weight, pain and that.
  • rosiecbolton
    rosiecbolton Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thanks for your support and thanks incisron for the friend request. My OA is only mild and only in one knee so time to lose the weight now before it gets worse