Faced the free weight section

Options
Well got over the fear of what people think this morning. Went to the gym and it is back day. Did my normal machines but felt lacking and I have been wanting to try the free weights.
There were a couple of very fit individuals over there and I was a little intimidated but thought they really do not care what I am doing.
Went over did my workout and feel great!

Replies

• Facetious76
    Facetious76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I still haven't made myself start on the machines yet because they are in the same area as the free weights and overly fit folks. I just stay upstairs in the cardio area with the rest of the old ladies :)
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well done. Glad to know that people make it out of there alive as I will be adding free weights soon!
  • jewelee_68
    jewelee_68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good job! I'm still trying to work up the courage to use the weights.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Good job. Just remember that everyone is in a different place in their fitness. I am in the free weights every day and I started seriously overweight. I have two bodybuilder brothers that started out in the free weight section as skinny boys with mullets and several friends that have similar stories. Don't let fear or intimidation stop you and free weights can be pretty addicting :)
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If you're new to free weights, those "fit individuals" might be more than willing to help if you had any questions.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I still haven't made myself start on the machines yet because they are in the same area as the free weights and overly fit folks. I just stay upstairs in the cardio area with the rest of the old ladies :)

Please go over there. Everybody there is focused on their own fitness regimen, but will be more than glad to help you with form and exercises if you ask them.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Once you rack, you never go back :-)
  • climberpilot
    climberpilot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Get over there! You'd be surprised at how many of those buff people started out in the same place you are!
  • mswilliams1975
    mswilliams1975 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I will say I found the free weights more satisfying. I can see both machines and free weights being a balance to my workouts though.
    Today is chest day so will be using both areas again.