I am done! I give up!

Options
I'm going against my screen name and everything i thought i was. I started this weight loss when i came back from 4 month visit to my family in europe. When i left i was 127 at 5'1 and when i came back i was 142 pounds and decided that i need to lose that weight starting then but it didnt work out for me that way. I have kind of a busy life and most daysi dont get to cook until 10 pm and i dont like to eat that late so i started eating out 2x a week. Fast forward to now i have been between 146 - 141 since i came back. I bought a food scale 3 weeks ago and i stopped eating out, i measure everything by the gram and still no weight loss, i have a desk job so im sitting in a busy office all day. I dont know what to do! I feel so fat and people make me feel terrible, my husbands family are all slim and im now the biggest one. There is a wedding coming up in 3 weeks and i will be one of the bridesmaids and my dress is VERY tight. Oh, the last thing that made me very upset was a lady i saw at the mall last week, she came up to me and rubbed my stomach asking me when im due :( half of the people i was with started laughing. I just dont understand, im eating at deficit but the scale is not moving.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Can't you go back to the way of eating you had before the Europe trip?

(And I must say your peeps sound kinda rude :s )
  • NotGoingDown90
    NotGoingDown90 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wish i can. My schedule was different as i was at a different job that had a huge salad bar in the cafeteria, so i always ate salads with grilled chicken or tuna for lunch. My youngest sister in law was the biggest she was at least 30 pounds and she lost all the weight for the wedding so now everyone teases me after they used to tease her about her weight.
  • MegSchuy16
    MegSchuy16 Posts: 189 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Don't give up! I work a desk job 50hrs a week from 6pm-2:45am and on top of that I also go to school full time. I don't wake up until 11am, sometimes 12pm, and I always make my meals for the day once I get done with school work, usually around 2pm. I then have about 2hrs to myself and find the time to go for a 30min walk before I start getting ready for work. If I can find time so can you! You can do it. Giving up will just make you feel worse about yourself. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have an open diary if you ever want to view it to get some ideas. In the last week I have lost about 4lbs after joining MFP and I have 63lbs left to lose before I reach my goal weight...
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    First off the Ppl you are around sound horrible and I would probably stop hanging out with them for your own sanity. Obviously In Law's you have to see but, you don't have to really acknowledge those comments. Second off can you do some kind of meal planning on a day off? Like dicing veggies and cooking some chicken breast. I just made 4 chicken breasts in 20 mins for lunches. Plus when I make dinner at least twice a week I make recipes where there will be leftovers for a day or 2.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You're eating in a deficit? Using scales to weigh your food? What's your stats and calorie goal?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Try to hang in there. I know the feeling. It's really hard when your weight creeps back up like that. I had gotten down to 135 last summer and then skyrocketed back up to 150 and then started on Weight Watchers in January this year. I've lost 15 lbs already. It just takes strict dedication to whatever plan you are using. I weigh and measure all my foods and try to eat a lot of veggies and especially green veggies. Make sure to exercise at least 3-4 times a week (I do it every other day). After you get yourself in to a good, solid routine it will be easier. Good luck!
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you wish to open up your diary perhaps someone can offer some advice.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You might have to experiment also with your calorie goal. If the scale isn't moving drop your calories by 100 per day to see if that gets it moving. I know for me I have to consistently eat 100 to 150 calories below my MFP number to get the same weight loss.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone think your pregnant 141 isn't fat
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Eating out is usually 2 servings. As much as you want to eat it all you're consuming 2 servings. Remember that. As soon as you sit down to whatever you're eating take half of it and put it in the fridge or whatever. Eat the other portion for lunch or save it for dinner the next day so you have something there and on hand. Also, take out is chock full of sodium. So more than likely you're probably also bloated.
    You say you used to have a salad bar. Why can't you just as easily make a salad and take it to work for lunch? Most work lunch rooms have fridges you can put stuff.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    size102b wrote: »

At 5'1", 141 could very well make her belly protrude if that's where she holds most of her weight. She's considered overweight at the very least. It's still rude of people to assume things, though.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »

Unfortunately when you are 5ft 1in like the OP it is overweight.

• buddy352
    buddy352 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree, sounds like the peeps you hang with are jerks. What adult makes fun of someones weight? On another note, many many people on here would LOVE to be fretting over just 19 pounds. ;)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Tupperware, patience, and logging
  • NotGoingDown90
    edited March 2016
    Options
    141at 5'1 is over weight, and other than the occasional teasing they are actually good people, i think the laugh they had was the omg this is awkward laugh. And to the person that said to check the salt, that really could be it. I have a bad habit of putting salt on every food without even tasting it first, im a big salt lover, is their an amount that i shouldnt go over? I can weight it by grams for the day and set it on the side or something. Im going to give it another try, i just need to find good meal ideas. Its also frustrating that when i put on mfp that i want to lose 1 pound it recomended i eat 1200 calories and when i did the same for 1/2 a pound they also gave me 1200 calories so my weight loss if it would to happen would be very slow. Thank you everyone for your help
  • NotGoingDown90
    Options
    Tupperware, patience, and logging

The last 2 i've been dealing with for the longest time, i am really losing patience, this started in october, i should of seen some number change since then
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    That's why I put Tupperware first. You have to take control of your food and measure it out at home. Stop eating out.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    That's why I put Tupperware first. You have to take control of your food and measure it out at home. Stop eating out.

+1