I need the support of some friends!

Options
My name is Erin and I am a 29 year old mother of one beautiful baby girl! She is going to be 3 in September. My weight loss trouble started after having her. I was bed ridden at about week 13 of my pregnancy due to back problems. I was diagnosed with Spondylolisthesis. This is a condition in which a bone (vertebra) in the lower part of the spine slips out of the proper position onto the bone below it. To put it simply; my last vertebra is sliding off of my spine. Until this year I was unable to work out due to this problem. A neurosurgeon refused to perform surgery due to the lack of success with this particular procedure and instead prescribed me several back braces. Before the braces my life consisted of being laid up in bed for weeks at a time if I picked up my child, mopped the floor, picked up groceries, etc...All of the "normal every day" things that I used to take for granted I was suddenly unable to do. It was a dark and depressing time. With the back braces (which I wear 24/7) I have been able to slowly start exercising again. I have been doing so well and I have joined the newest local health club that is about to open. I am excited to "re-start" this journey with the help and support of some new friends here.

Replies

• amydray
    amydray Posts: 26
    Options
    add me if you like! welcome :flowerforyou:
    4488513.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • VideoVixxen
    Options
    add me!
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    You have my support!
  • Cyd46
    Cyd46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! add me if you like... Good Luck and you can do it!! : )
  • Ballybabe1
    Ballybabe1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Add me no problem, you have been through an horrendous time, hopefully this is the start of a new journey and a new way of life for you. We are all here to help each other so friend me if you wish, no bother at all.
  • terri0804
    terri0804 Posts: 20
    Options
    hello...i just started myself this week..i really wished i had found sooner....your welcome to add me or anyone..let's lose weight together..

Terri
  • abbz17
    abbz17 Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here. I'd love to help encourage you on your journey so feel free to add me :)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WOW! You've been through so much!!!!! I am glad you have found something that finally is working for you! Feel free to add me if you'd like!!!!! I hope things keep improving for you!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    welcome! this site is a great tool to use on your journey! feel free to add me :smile:
  • aslm
    aslm Posts: 71
    Options
    please feel free to add me!!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    God Bless you and your efforts! Add me if you'd like, I'd be happy to support you any way I can..good luck!
  • reneeknipp
    Options
    Hi Erin, my name is Renee and I am new to this site and looking for friends also. I have back and neck issues also but not to the degree that you do. Back surgery about 15 yrs ago and neck surgery 2 yrs ago. I will be 50 next yr and really need to get serious about about my physical health!! It really sounds like things are turning around for you with your back braces. How exciting to be able to join the gym! Just remember to take things slow and don't over do it!!! Good luck and keep me posted on your progress
    Renee
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Add me--I will be happy to support you in your journey!
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ADD ME !!! :)
  • Jfoley3501
    Jfoley3501 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well today is my first day back. I started but feel off the wagon I didnt gain any weight but was unsuccessful exercising and staying motivated. I myself am 28 turning 29 in october I have 2 kids that are 4 and 5 this past may and are irish twins! I have a medical with my left kidney and was medicated throughout both my pregnancies. Loosing weight has been extremely difficult becuase of my condition but I am so ready to do it in order to run and play with my kids and be there for them when they get older.
  • Johannahall
    Options
    Good luck Erin !!
  • erin1081
    erin1081 Posts: 7
    Options
    I want to thank you all for offering your support to me. I can already tell how much this community ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! This is the only site in a long time that has kept me motivated. There is such great support from everyone! Welcome!
  • jerseyb0mbshellx3
    Options
    add me if you need some support, i need some as well :) i'm still trying to figure out how to work this thing add me and share you stories!! :)
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) Welcome! You have been through so much, but it doesn't sound like you are one to give up easily. Feel free to add me for support, I could use some too!! :D