Total Plateau. Please Help

Options
Merans_Mixtape
Merans_Mixtape Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So the low 240's have been holding me prisoner for 2 months and it sucks. I work out 3 - 5 times a week. I'm eating between 1300 - 1700 (with 10 bad days) and I'm drinking water like a fish. I measure EVERYTHING I eat, to the annoyance of my husband and I am fluctuating between 240 and 245 but cant get past that seemingly no matter what I do. any advice?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea to open your food diary (set it to public) so people can take a look at your logging habits and your calorie and macronutrient intake.

You'll get much better feedback that way anyways.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    MjsJourney wrote: »
    So the low 240's have been holding me prisoner for 2 months and it sucks. I work out 3 - 5 times a week. I'm eating between 1300 - 1700 (with the OCCASIONAL bad day) and I'm drinking water like a fish. I measure EVERYTHING I eat, to the annoyance of my husband and I am fluctuating between 140 and 145 but cant get past that seemingly no matter what I do. any advice?

Can you clarify, are you in your 240s or 140s now???

• Merans_Mixtape
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    MjsJourney wrote: »
    So the low 240's have been holding me prisoner for 2 months and it sucks. I work out 3 - 5 times a week. I'm eating between 1300 - 1700 (with the OCCASIONAL bad day) and I'm drinking water like a fish. I measure EVERYTHING I eat, to the annoyance of my husband and I am fluctuating between 140 and 145 but cant get past that seemingly no matter what I do. any advice?

Can you clarify, are you in your 240s or 140s now???

so sorry...I fixed it. I'm 242 as of today
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    So I see you opened your diary and it's my belief that you're eating too much to lose weight. Measuring cups and spoons are inaccurate and can easily add up to 200+ calories more than you assume. Couple that with the exercise burns from MFP, which they tend to inflate, and that explains the lack of progress. I'd recommend either purchasing a food scale or cutting one or two of the snacks you usually have within the day to make up for the margin of error.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting scales instead of cups
  • Merans_Mixtape
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I do weigh a lot of my food as well but all the measurements I have on here are actually measured. All my exercise is not from MFP it's from my polar.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale in addition to measuring cups. I also try to eat as basic as possible as far as foods. The more ingredients something has the more calories you will be consuming. Have you tried to plan out your food for the day like the night before or the morning of? That works well too. Try changing up how you've been doing things as well and that may help get you out of the rut.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    At 242 1700 calories should lose you weight
    But I'm 213 and in 1400 2 weeks I've lost 0
    You just gave to keep at it keep strict it's easy to pop a little extra into your mouth like ketchup bit of meat a few grapes a slice cheese
    I have to be so strict or I don't lose even then I don't always lose
  • brinkbodin
    brinkbodin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like your metabolism has adjusted to your current lifestyle and diet. I know it sounds counter productive, but you should consider eating at maintenance or even slightly above for a week or two, then resume your current 1700. Get your body rev'd up again. I'm no expert but I hit a wall recently at 1,800 a day since January. I bumped all the way up to 2,400 and started losing weight again. Haven't even had to go back down to 1,800. Feel healthier and more energetic too. Just a thought. All our bodies react different. Don't be afraid to experiment a little bit to find what works for you.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It sounds wrong but after plateauing for the last few months I had a week of what felt like binging every day the week before last and not only stayed the same but since going back to tracking and reduced sizes I have finally lost that next kilo over the last week