How are you avoiding Easter foods?

Options
If your family is like mine you have tons of food coming your way. How do you maintain a stance and fight the urge to splurge? I could use some strategy :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Holiday feasts are rare, right? So I eat a lot of vegetables to fill up and have a small dessert if I want to. I don't like to be "that woman" at holiday feasts who is making all kinds of comments about how fattening stuff is. These events are going to hopefully be a part of life going forward, so a little leeway is needed. Back at it on Monday, no harm no foul.
  • tiffanynew2015
    tiffanynew2015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Holiday feasts are rare, right? So I eat a lot of vegetables to fill up and have a small dessert if I want to. I don't like to be "that woman" at holiday feasts who is making all kinds of comments about how fattening stuff is. These events are going to hopefully be a part of life going forward, so a little leeway is needed. Back at it on Monday, no harm no foul.

Thanks. Good idea about not talking about the bad food. Ruins everyone's meal. It's a good reminder :)
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My other half has Friday and Monday off (public holidays in UK), so we actually had more time to exercise together. Friday we did a 30 mile bike ride and took the dogs for a 5 mile walk. Sunday the weather will be rubbish so we booked a squash court. Easter is a great opportunity to spend time with those we love and DO things with each other other than eating. I'll cook some nice roast lamb on Sunday (something we wouldn't usually afford). But we don't gorge our faces on chocolate. Fair enough we don't have massive family feasts to attend, but food is around us all the time, it still doesn't mean it all has to be eaten.
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to eat up to maintainance calories on special days as I enjoy food and fellowship! But it will be hard because I love chocolate and there will be lots around!!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No big feast here, but I did decide to get some jelly beans and good dark chocolate to put in eggs for an Easter egg hunt for my boyfriend and myself :D need to have some fun every once in a while! It will be our treat for the day.
  • tiffanynew2015
    tiffanynew2015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    No big feast here, but I did decide to get some jelly beans and good dark chocolate to put in eggs for an Easter egg hunt for my boyfriend and myself :D need to have some fun every once in a while! It will be our treat for the day.

Dark chocolate is the best way to go :)
  • Blossom_13
    Blossom_13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking my chocolate tomorrow so I can stay sane and not feel crappy about it all but yet still have my treat!
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get my exercise done early, then hopefully I won't feel too guilty eating some Easter chocolate.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I am feasting. Easter is a feast day. You don't have to be gluttonous to have a good meal.
  • mlstaubin
    mlstaubin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey Tiffany! checking in to see how the Easter food went today?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    By not celebrating :D

If I was with my family though, I'd load up on veggies first, add about 4-6oz of whatever protein they are having with no heavy sauces, and try do to my best with dessert. I'd make an effort but not beat myself up if I ate at maintenance for the day.
  • motivated310
    motivated310 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I figure since it's a holiday theres no reason to stop your life because you are trying to change your lifestyle. However you can have as much as you want, consider it a maintenance day and maybe go work out after. That's what I'm doing, not going to deprive myself :smile:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am not.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I planned what I would eat and have stuck pretty close to that. I chewed mint gum for awhile to stop nibbling and had a 30 minute walk.

I cooked at home. Easter isn't a big family get together holiday.