Do you make your bed daily?

Options

Replies

• Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Without fail, I cannot stand an unmade bed.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yes. Absolutely.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    No way. I've always had the "why make the bed just to mess it up again tonight?" mindset. I even got a duvet so I wouldn't have to deal with a shifting top sheet anymore. If someone's coming over I'll straighten it out, but another bonus for duvets is that's all it takes to make the bed now anyway!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I never used to, then I started on a recommendation I read somewhere, and it turns out to make a huge difference in my attitude.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I never used to, until I got my Fitbit...lol...now...well...more calories OUT! I also sweep three times a day, and vacuum every day, for the same reason! Hubby thinks I suddenly like cleaning, fool....I suddenly like being SMALLER!!! LOL! ;)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I never used to, until I got my Fitbit...lol...now...well...more calories OUT! I also sweep three times a day, and vacuum every day, for the same reason! Hubby thinks I suddenly like cleaning, fool....I suddenly like being SMALLER!!! LOL! ;)

Holy crap woman!!!! come live with me!
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, glad to know I'm not alone.
  • Jen58473
    Jen58473 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nope! If I'm feeling ambitious or changing the sheets, I'll straighten everything, but I hardly ever tuck the top sheet in.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I make my bed every morning, i sweep also just a quick one. Then i brush twice once before breakfast and once before i leave the door...I do too much dont i :(

wanna move to my house and be my house boy?

sure. :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    No, husband and I sleep under different blankets because I'm always cold and he's always hot. I make it if we're having company and when we go away because the cat sitter goes in the bedroom to see them.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I make my bed every morning, i sweep also just a quick one. Then i brush twice once before breakfast and once before i leave the door...I do too much dont i :(

wanna move to my house and be my house boy?

But I'm house boy :(
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options

Holy crap woman!!!! come live with me!

You'd have to ditch Unice!!!
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I change my bedding everyday because I spend so much of my time, in bed; that it's like changing clothes. Even when I am not bedridden but I'm just housebound or am able to leave the house, I still have to take a nap or 2; those days. So it'd be senseless to waste any energy, that I'd have; making my bed 2 or 3 times a day.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Every day without fail. The rule between my husband and me is that whoever gets out of bed last makes the bed (we get up at different times). I'm not much of a housekeeper, and a made bed goes a long way toward making the room look neater.
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    every single day.
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I mean the rest of my room is a mess so there's no point really.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Nope, our bedroom is on the second floor, so not unless company's coming. I'd rather spend my time on the parts of the house people actually see. I usually straighten the covers out at night though, if I'm conscious enough before dropping into it.
  • m_johannes
    m_johannes Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day, yes. It's the very first task to accomplish for the day, so it kinda sets the tone for a productive morning.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I would, but my husband is still there when I leave. He usually makes the bed.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options

I sweep twice a day! And I always make the bed, no matter what. I eat breakfast at work so I only brush once before I leave (but I keep a toothbrush and toothpaste in my bag and another set in my car).