Stretch Marks

Options
I have already lossed 15kg and I need to loose more weight.
But unfortunately I have noticed stretch marks and seeing I have a lot more weight to loose I'm worried that I will get more on my stomach area.
I need some success stories of what people have used, so I can minimise the effect of these marks.
Thankyou

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You are male in your 50's?
    Chances are your skin won't recover.
    Just wear a t-shirt at the beach.
    Eat foods high in vitamin C and antioxidants which can help skin

[edited by MFP Moderator]
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Take care of your skin and hope for the best. That's all you can do.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E lotions and oils can also help a little.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You really can't fix stretch marks. Change the way you think about them instead. Don't think of them as stretch marks, think of them as your tiger stripes! :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    not much you can do with stretch marks but you can reduce the visibility by drinking lots of water, use cocoa butter, toning up and getting some color on you. I stopped caring about mine, I just see them as tiger stripes that I earned.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    No changing it I'm afraid. Stretch marks are not fixable in terms of "back to normal" unless you do something radical like surgery to remove the skin or lasers. I have had friends who swear by cocoa lotion, but I've not seen any drastic improvement.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have lots of stretch marks. When they first appeared, they were pink & awful. Through the years, they have faded to silver & I really don't notice them any more. I am not a dedicated lotion user & I do not use any other types of special creams either. Stretch marks are like scars. The areas where I have stretch marks aren't generally exposed to the sun because I haven't had a bathing suit on in a couple years, but I think they might actually be more noticeable if I were tan--they would not tan while the rest of my skin would.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

No.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »

No.

why no?

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »

No.

why no?

Because there's no reason to cover up stretch marks. So many people have them & not just from being overweight. You can get them from just growing too fast.
  • Harry349
    Harry349 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone you have been such a great help