Exercises - Question??

Options
I sprained my ankle pretty badly tonight. I won't be able to do my usual jogging/walking and cycling for a while yet.

What are some exercises I can do that only involve my upper body and/or that I can do while sitting? I've lost 6.8 lbs in a week and I want to keep it up, even though I know I won't be able to sustain that weight.

I started at 307, though, so I'm losing quickly at first.

Replies

• ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sustain that rate**, not sustain that weight.
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    How about swimming? No impact on joints, still a good burn rate.
  • ajsawrie
    Options
    Don't have access to an indoor pool.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Do you do weights? I do all my weight lifting sitting down, as I'm disabled and walk on crutches so can't do most standing exercises.
  • ajsawrie
    Options
    Weights would work.... thanks!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is all about your calorie deficit, don't worry if you can't exercise for a while
  • ajsawrie
    Options
    Losing weight is all about your calorie deficit, don't worry if you can't exercise for a while

Haha I like to eat! That's why I want to exercise. :)
    With exercise, I can eat more cals!
  • rbare1970
    rbare1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I broke my foot and found a couple of videos on YouTube that look promising. You can also google it and find suggestions from orthopedic clinics on exercises you can do.
  • ajsawrie
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • dannapearsall
    dannapearsall Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    With weight machines at the gym, you can still do whole body work without really using your ankle. There are a few leg machines that allow you to sit, so that may be an option, too.
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a gym? You might be able to do one-legged rows on the machine, although I wouldn't advise that for more than a week or so. Some gyms also have the arm bicycle.