Ice cream

Options
What ice cream does everyone eat?? i am just discovering breyers and edy's and they have some really nice low calorie ice cream.. was just curious about everyone else's thoughts?? better suggestions? any other nice low calorie indulgences?

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    What ice cream does everyone eat?? i am just discovering breyers and edy's and they have some really nice low calorie ice cream.. was just curious about everyone else's thoughts?? better suggestions? any other nice low calorie indulgences?
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow and the Weight Watchers varieties are pretty good. Also, I like to get Fudge Bars. They aren't labeled as low fat or anything but the ones I like are like 100 calories. Not too bad but the sugar is high of course. I find I can't buy gallons or half gallons because I always take more than a servings because I love ice cream so much. I like the singles servings because I will only have one.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I'm not sure about ice cream, but my husband and I love lowfat frozen yogurt, especially vanilla. I bought it for me and I bought him ice cream. He accidently grabbed mine and now I am banned from buying icecream. Heidi
  • kimford28
    Options
    eddy's grand light is delish!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    With it being winter I do not eat ice-cream. I eat plain non-fat nothing added yogurt. Then I add fresh fruit to that and eat it at Breakfast and night time snack at 1/4 cup each time.
    In the spring and summer when I have a taste for the frozen goodies I eat fat free edies frozen yogurt, OR I make my own. :happy:
    --Diann...
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have found a sugar free ice cream sandwhich that is 110 calories for an entire sandwich. We love them. They are just the store brand at Walmart but they are so good. Very good treat, especially if you need to finish your calorie intake for the day!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I also eat fudgesciscles the no sugar added kind are just 40 calories per pop although serving size is for 2. Single serving ice cream cups are good too. The generic ones I buy have chocolate or strawberry syrup swirls in them and are 100 calories each. This makes it much easier than trying to resist taking out more than I need from a gallon tub.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    the blueberry yogurt from Shwan's is the greatest! 120 calories per half a cup
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm with Diann.. I don't eat icecream during the Winter but when I do, it's Haagen Daz Vanilla Fudge:ohwell: ... I will look for a lower cal one when it's icecream eating time:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I don't keep any in the house because I will eat it, it is one of my major weaknesses. So when I decide I am going to go for it and have a treat I do splurge on Haagen Daaz. I love the vanilla swiss almond, chocolate chocolate chip and occasionally some of their "limited edition" flavors.

They do have a lighter version which are actually pretty good and their sorbets and frozen yogurt are pretty good too. But at 4 servings per container, and a ton of fat and calories this is a treat that is few and far between.

My other favorite is the fudgesicles from healthy choice, they are really creamy and good or the fruit bars from dryers (edy's on east coast). Lime and orange are my favs, sweet and cold that usually gets rid of the ice cream craving.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    We buy Weight Watcher's novelties (sandwiches, cookies 'n cream bars), or Perry's mini ice cream sandwiches or ice cream bars (that might be a local brand.....not sure where it is available). These are all 120-150 cals. I love Edy's Grand Light, but having a full container of ice cream makes it WAY too easy to "over-serve" myself!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny makes good no sugar added, fat free ice creams.
    Cowboy
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    those no-name fudgsicals....you got a ton in one big box and I swear...its sooo good. I ate them when I was on weight watchers. I can't recall the points or the calories right now but it was good enough to follow on the weight watchers plan. It's a great way to get your chocolate fix.

PLus its icemilk not ice cream and well who cares, it tastes good.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Skinney Cow for me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not that I see any in Vermont, they are all very fat.
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Push Pops! They remind me of being a kid and they are very low in calories. Plus, it's so fund to push it up!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow and blue bunny are great! I love the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. But like other people have said I don't eat much ice cream in the winter, but boy, in the summer... I can't keep it in the house! Coldstone also carries some very yummy light ice creams and sorbets and you can get fruit mixed into it. Very satisfying on a hot summer day.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    If I'm going to indulge myself with ice cream I go full fat and enjoy it -- my favorites are Edy's, Breyer's and Dove!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Oooooooo! I LOVE ice cream :heart: and it's an addiction that I try to avoid, however, I do indulge every so often. I can't have it in the house...I'll eat it all. So, when I really want ice cream I get a single serving somewhere...a small from dairy queen or a single serving from a gas station...whatever. I usually try to plan ahead (calorie wise) but sometimes it even puts me over. And that's just fine with me. It's an occasional treat and I savor every second of it!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    If I'm going to indulge myself with ice cream I go full fat and enjoy it -- my favorites are Edy's, Breyer's and Dove!

I'm with you on that one. I love Breyer's and I eat it with everything in and fresh fruit on it. I usually top of my day with it, now I eat only one ice cream scoop of it though instead of maybe one or more cups at a sitting. With so many kids in the house all the time, I don't have to worry about eating much because I'm lucky to get one or two servings before it's gone.....