I can't lose my chest fat. Please help.

Options
Hello All,

This is tough for me to do considering i'm sensitive about myself but i'm tired of constantly making fitness mistakes and i would like the advise from you all.

I am about 5'10.5, 150 pounds, Male. From late Aug to Early Jan i went on a "bulk" (150-->165) where i ate whatever i wanted. Then i went on a cut rom Jan 4th to now. (165-->150) http://imgur.com/a/dZiS7 Not a big difference but w/e. I just want to look ripped. And i know i need to lose fat, but i'm getting very tired of when i tell people i'm trying to lose weight they go "WTFFFFFFFFFF WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE????" little do they know i'm sporting a nice pair of man boobs and some love handles. Their not too pronounce but enough for me not to feel comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach... or anywhere. Heres another album of me at a Target fitting room, might provide some better insight. http://imgur.com/a/bwQZu

Right now i am working out about 4-5x a week. I'm not really sure what my rep maxes are for the different workouts. But i make sure i hit the three big lifts, squats, deadlifts, and bench lift every week with 4 sets. I also finish my workout with a 20 min 3.0 mph 8.5 incline walk on Mon, Wed, Fri.

I eat around 1300 Calories consisting of low carbs, high proteins and fats. I give myself one day every week to eat up to maintenance. Since i cut pretty hard during the week i think once a maintenance day once a week wouldn't set me back to bad. Also i know i'm probably eating too little calories but honestly from what i hear, as long as my protein intake is high i shouldn't lose to much muscle?

So i mean i do have some fat. But i'm also very skinny. I really am not sure what to do. I just want to look good. I just want to be able to take my shirt off and not think twice about it. I was thinking about losing 10 more pounds of fat and getting down to 140 but all the "WHY ARE YOU LOSING WEIGHT" comments are starting to make me think i'm going down the wrong path. I hear my options are a long term clean bulk which is something i do not want to do, just because i want the fat off as soon as possible. Or like i said cut down a bit more to about 140 and ill probably look really cut but also really skinny, so i'm not sure how that would work. Anyways as you can see i'm a bit conflicted. i really am not sure what to do lol. Please any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was concerned for the same thing regarding my husband. Although he is at a healthy weight and never have been overweight he too developed chest fat and I know it bothers him. I don't think anything changed in his diet so I went to the trusty Internet (cough) and saw that he may have higher than normal estrogen levels and low progesterone levels. He doesn't have health insurance so none of his actual levels have been tested. Home solutions were what you are already doing, lifting weights and eating lots of proteins. I'm sorry I cannot offer any advice myself but I'm hoping someone here can cause it would be helpful to my husband too.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Mate, you look fabulous. I think that you are being hard on yourself. I hope you get the answers you want for the shaping you want but please, please don't think that torso has to be covered up. You would be getting some looks because you look great, not because of the things you want to change.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    I see little if any chest fat. Could use some work on your upper pecs though. Add in more inclines. Also, no such thing as a "clean bulk". When you gain fat along with muscle, it's not "clean fat" and muscle is muscle. There is no gaining "lean muscle". Be careful about a lot of what the fitness industry tells you. Many times it's unsupported "science" to get you to spend money that you don't need to (IE supplements, workout programs).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Stop telling people you're trying to lose weight.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    I see pecs, not moobs. I don't see love handles. Eat more, keep working out, and enjoy being shirtless.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I also don't think you have 10lbs to lose, a few more bulk cut cycles would be a better idea?
  • Scrappincarla
    Scrappincarla Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    subakwa wrote: »
    Mate, you look fabulous. I think that you are being hard on yourself. I hope you get the answers you want for the shaping you want but please, please don't think that torso has to be covered up. You would be getting some looks because you look great, not because of the things you want to change.

Echos this.

Adds this: Are You Crazy???? You look TERRIFIC to me!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    why are you only eating 1300 calories? Im shorter than you and female and I eat more than that. 1500 is the bare minimum for males. 1300 is way too low. you can eat a lot more and still lose. and you dont have man boobs. looks like you just need to build up your chest more.also 5'10.5 @140 lbs to me is too skinny. I would continue to bulk and build up your chest and other muscles and stop worrying about 10 lbs. you look fine.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You are doing a lot of resistance work, but the fact is that you're not going to see the best results out of it unless you eat more, at least maintenance to try towards a recomposition if you don't want to gain fat by doing a bulk.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    why are you only eating 1300 calories? Im shorter than you and female and I eat more than that. 1500 is the bare minimum for males. 1300 is way too low. you can eat a lot more and still lose. and you dont have man boobs. looks like you just need to build up your chest more.also 5'10.5 @140 lbs to me is too skinny. I would continue to bulk and build up your chest and other muscles and stop worrying about 10 lbs. you look fine.

Ya, @boywhowonders21 I am 30 years older and four inches shorter than you, female, and eat way more than 1300 calories.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    You are doing a lot of resistance work, but the fact is that you're not going to see the best results out of it unless you eat more, at least maintenance to try towards a recomposition if you don't want to gain fat by doing a bulk.
    agreed

• DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Ya, @boywhowonders21 I am 30 years older and four inches shorter than you, female, and eat way more than 1300 calories.

I'm a woman, 5'4" and weigh 130 lbs. I eat 1,400-1,600 calories a day and that's a deficit. I also think 1,300 is way too low.

I agree that you should build up your pecs and quit trying to cut. You don't need to get skinnier at this point. You need to build more muscle.